Jul 21, 2008East African Educational Publishers (EAEP) is a leading publishing firm in Africa producing both educational and general works. In order to strengthen its operations, EAEP wishes to recruit a self-motivated, results-driven professional to take up the position of Internal Auditor.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, update and revise the company's audit manual;
- Formulate risk identification policies and devise possible and workable mitigation strategies;
- Prepare audit reports; review findings for accuracy and completeness; and coordinate discussions with management and the Audit Committee; Conduct special examinations / ad hoc audits and make recommendations for improved controls, operating procedures, accounting records, and systems design;
- Ensure compliance with sound internal auditing principles and best practice.
- Degree in Commerce or business-related field;
- Qualified CPA (K) / ACCA; CISA qualification will be an added advantage;
- Membership to a professional body, e.g. ICPAK, ISACA, etc.;
- Minimum 5 years relevant audit / risk management experience.
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter and a detailed CV with three professional referees to reach the undersigned not later than 2nd August 2008.
The Human Resources Manager,
East African Educational Publishers Ltd,
or Send an email to hr(at)eastafricanpublishers(dot)com