Sep 18, 2008
KENYA PORTS AUTHORITY
Kenya Ports Authority is one of the leading facilitators of sea-borne trade in the region. Following tremendous growth in throughout within a highly dynamic and time - sensitive environment, opportunities have arisen for the following positions.
1. POST OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager the job holder will be responsible for-
- Developing Research Project Proposals and briefs.
- Synthesizing Research findings and recommended lines of action.
- Providing Management with actionable recommendations based on the research.
- Monitoring and analyzing the impact of development in micro and macro spheres on port business.
- Providing the Authority with regular economic, industry, market and competitor updates.
- Conducting qualitative analyses.
- Effectively managing the Research budget.
- Providing day-to-day management support for staff units involved in the delivery of projects.
- Constituting the local focal point for socio-economic consultancy assignments.
- A post graduate university degree from a recognized institution, preferably a business-related field. A professional qualification in research and development would be a pre-requisite
- Have a minimum of seven years working experience of which at least three should be in managing complex research projects.
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for quantitative analyses.
- Strong research skills and analytical capabilities.
- Proven leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Be result-oriented and a team player.
- Extensive and deep knowledge of issues and organizations in both the local and international development.
- Ability to independently draft proposals, research designs and translating them to implementable projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Research and Development Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the following:-
- Directing and monitoring performance standards covering all areas of Ports Operations.
- Directing, researching and monitoring studies to improve space utilization in all operational areas.
- Allocating staff to projects, advising them on the application of work study techniques for quality service and monitoring results.
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of new operation procedures and systems.
- Coordinating the implementation of approved recommendations in conjunction with departments' implementation Officers.
• Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities.
• Post graduate Diploma in Management Services/Port Management.
• Five Years experience in Management Services/Applied Research work.
• Eight Years experience in research work and report writing.
• Computer Literacy.
The Kenya Ports Authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Applicants should send their current Curriculum vitae showing daytime telephone contact and copies of certificates and testimonials with a covering letter highlighting their suitability for the roles and giving remuneration details to:-
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 95006-80104
The deadline for applications is 29th September 2008.
HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
For: MANAGING DIRECTOR.