Nov 8, 2008We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Information Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
PRINCIPAL ERP DEVELOPER
Within the Information Technology division, the Principal ERP Developer will report to the Business Systems Development Manager and the purpose of the role is to develop and offer 3rd line support of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application and bespoke oracle interfaces and software components.
- Manage internal customers ensuring effective communication with the helpdesk and application support analysts;
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification;
- Design and develop business application systems
- Software Design & Programming
- Capture business applications information needs and map the same to the software and database components;
- Review & provide input on design approach performance and base functionality;
- Ensure integration ans effectiveness of designs across development teams;
- Research & provide input on design approach, performance & base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications;
- A University Degree in Computer Science or a technical related field;
- Possess Oracle E-Business suite Certification as well as experience with an Oracle ERP application development;
- 5 years development experience with Microsoft development tools;
- 4 years experience with RDBMS;
- Knowledge in business systems modelling and data retrieval work;
- Knowledge of 4GL for programming e.g. Visual basics / Oracle Application builder;
- Excellent communications.analytical and interpersonal skills;
Reporting to the Principal ERP Developer, the holder of the position will be part of the team charged with the responsibility for developing and 3rd line support of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning and bespoke Oracle interfaces and software components. Work with other departments to identify requirements and develop solutions.
- Testing, Troubleshooting and 3rd Line support - Create test plans and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems work.
- System Analysis - Conduct business user requirements, analysis and specifications. Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality.
- Software Design & Programming - Design & develop database tiers for business applications. Capture business application information needs and map the same to software and database components.
- Oracle ERP - Review and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality. Ensure integration of designs across development teams. Appropriately monitor interfaces to Oracle ERP modules and development tools.
- The candidate will hold a University degree in computer science or any other degree with a bias towards IT related disciplines from a reputable institution;
- Possess Oracle E-business suite certification;
- Must possess at least 3 years hands on experience with Microsoft development tools.
- Must posses 3 years hands on experience with low level programming C++ and C as well as ROMS;
- Must posses 3 years hands on experience in Oracle ERP applications development, which includes system customization and report designs;
- Have exceptional communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
ERP SUPPORT ANALYST
The position of ERP Support Analyst will be responsible for providing 2nd line functional and technical support of Oracle Enterprise Resource and Planning system.
- Provide expert support and management where applicable for ERP modules and related applications;
- Provide 1st Line Support and management where applicable for all internal applications within the ERP Teams jurisdiction;
- Test new and upgraded applications before implementations and rollout;
- Monitor ERP Systems and applications to ensure systems availability;
- University Degree in Computer Science or any other Information Technology related discipline;
- Programming Skills in PL/SQL;
- UNIX certification and Oracle E -Business suite training is an added advantage;
- 2 - 3 years work experience in a client server environment with 2 years DBA and / or Application support experience;
- Programming skills in any 4GL or Functional programming language e.g. SQL
- Highly developed analytical skills;
SENIOR IN-HOUSE COUNSEL - 3 POSITIONS
REF: CA - SIHC -NOV08
Reporting to the Principal In-House Counsels, the candidate will provide the company with skilled & professional legal service, with emphasis on conveyancing and commercial activities of the department and provide general legal guidance to the business in accordance with its dynamic needs.
- Undertake the verification, negotiation and completion of lease agreements including the updating of legal information on the site acquisition database (Oracle Property Manager);
- Ensure quality control on the drafting / preparation of legal documents required in the roll out for all leased sites or premises;
- Diligently perform litigation management tasks for suits arising from properties under the legal counsels' portfolio;
- Attend to legal issues relating to the company's other real property portfolio;
- Ensure quality control in the drafting/preparation of commercial contracts and legal advice.
- Constantly liaise with other stakeholders on launching of new products and services as well as provide advice on protection of the company's intellectual property;
- Ensure cost control of legal fees to external counsel for lease completion and commercial briefs within the agreed rates or as per the Advocates Remuneration Order;
- A Degree in law from a reputable Commonwealth University, with a minimum 2nd Class Honors and completion of the Kenya School of Law Diploma;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of at least 3 years standing;
- Post-graduate diplomas or certificate courses in legal matters such as arbitration / mediation, IP e.t.c;
- At least 3 years experience in Conveyancing and Commercial law, with basic experience in criminal & civil procedure codes, traffic / insurance matters, etc;
- Working knowledge of telecommunications legal and regulatory environment;
- Have excellent communication, analytical and Interpersonal skills;
- Have good planning and organizational skills;
Deadline for application is 13th November 2008
The Resourcing Manager Safaricom Ltd
hr @ safaricom.co.ke