Jan 30, 2009Want to make it big in banking?
CBA is giving you a chance to make your name (and put it on our card as well)
Commercial Bank of Africa aims to be the leader within the banking industry in Kenya and the Eastern Africa region.
Our efforts and resources are focused on Corporate Banking, Institutional Banking, Treasury and the high-end market of Personal Banking. As such, we seek to recruit customer-focused and performance-oriented individuals with strong leadership skills to fill the vacant positions listed below.
To apply, send your application letter and CV, quoting the job title via e-mail only, to jobs @ cba.co.ke
Kindly submit your application by Wednesday 11th February, 2009.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MANAGER, FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management, the purpose of this role will be to support the Risk Management Function in safeguarding and improving the Bank Group's risk bearing capacity and the efficient use of this capacity through formulating Asset and Liability Management and Credit Policy Guidelines. The job includes propagating, monitoring and reporting on compliance of the policies and guidelines.
- Formulate and periodically review the Asset & Liability Management and Credit Policies and Guidelines for the Group.
- Develop and/or maintain appropriate benchmarks for all financial risks arising in Treasury, through implementation of desk/individual trading limits, and adherence to established stop loss, hedging, and mark to market disciplines; monitor and review positions according to specific criteria, and review overall trading activities/policies.
- Analyze currency mismatch positions, and duration mismatch between Assets and Liabilities, and estimate impact of currency and interest rate movement on the Group balance sheet.
- Prepare and present the Group's Monthly Liquidity, Market and Credit Risks Reports.
- Monitor and ensure suitable confirmation of counterparty deals and speedy resolution of any dispute thereof.
- Periodically review functionalities of Front and Back Office systems to ensure integrity and straight through processing of transactions;
- Ensure appropriate identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of liquidity, market and credit risks;
- At least an undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration (with a major in Finance) or similar quantitative disciplines.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience in : banking and/or finance, including at least 3 years in Financial Risk Management related areas.
- Experience in use of MS Office tools used in the Bank such as Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint.
Reporting to the Talent Manager, the purpose of this role will be to contribute to the achievement of a highly talented CBA workforce through supporting the processes of identification, placement and retention of a highly competitive workforce through application of sound resourcing, performance management and talent retention practices so as to ensure the organization achieves its strategic objectives.
- Supporting the hiring process through application of established bank systems (policies, processes and tools) in attracting and selecting people with competitive attributes and skills.
- Supporting the process of Job design, definition, analysis and evaluation.
- Involved in the process of development of job families and career path models based on functional, managerial and behavioral competencies.
- Contribute to the development of a sound talent management and succession planning program through supporting the process of identifying critical positions and possible successors for each and the programs that would grow and retain this talent to ensure continuity of business.
- Support the process of man power planning through involvement in the process of analyzing the organization's Human resources capacity by examining the people skills and capability to function in the short and long term given current and future needs of the organization.
- Coordinate the bank's talent management and career development programs through setting up and monitoring of schedules for the same.
- University degree- Upper second or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification in human resource management development - SHL certification highly desirable.
- 4 years experience in a HR generalist role two of which should be in recruitment, performance management and Organization Development support in a small to medium organization.
- Practical experience in use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Org charts, MS Visio and MS project.
- Practical experience in use of a HRIS system
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk Management, the main purpose of this role will be to manage the Credit Administration unit to ensure that the unit maintains quality of the lending portfolio in respect to risk monitoring and control, as well maintaining safe custody of loans/advances securities.
- Implement credit administration controls, systems and processes in order to minimize loss to the bank's assets.
- Facilitate the extension of credit and monitoring is done in strict adherence to set bank's credit policies and prudential guidelines.
- Maintain credit risk strategies to ensure condition precedent are fulfilled and security documentation is complete before disbursement of facilities.
- Maintain appropriate MIS to track key covenants, terms and conditions, insurances and valuations.
- Custodian of security documents and responsible on the adequacy/completeness of the same to ensure the enforceability in times of delinquency of a credit.
- Upper Second Class degree or equivalent
- Five years experience in banking operations 3 of which should be in Credit administration.
- At least 3 years experience managing teams
- Knowledge of lending products is added advantage
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance, the main purpose of this job will be to provide legal advice and support to the bank through ensuring the efficient and proper perfection of all Bank securities, liaising with external legal counsel on all matters affecting the Bank and assisting in the discharge of all statutory duties for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Manage the timely and proper perfection of all Bank securities for customers and staff by liaising with external advocates to ensure that all documents and information necessary for perfection of securities are provided within service timelines, reviewing the draft security documents, ensuring proper execution by the parties and reviewing the registered documents to confirm proper perfection.
- Continuous review of the Bank's standard documents/forms and existing security documents to ensure compliance with current legislation and other changes in the regulatory environment.
- Provide general legal advice to all bank departments on Banking issues from account opening to operation of court orders and KRA demands on bank accounts, legal advice/support to staff on general matters.
- Analyse and assist the business units in structured financing and other syndicated arrangements
- Review of all agreements and documentation relating to any ventures being considered by the Bank
- Assist in performance of company secretarial functions
- Law (LL.B) Degree from a recognized University
- At least 3 years experience in legal practice, particularly in security perfection and review of commercial transactions
- Working knowledge of the legal environment for Banking and general business/commerce in Kenya
- Working knowledge of the lending practice for financial institutions
- Working knowledge of business management and banking acquired through practical experience in a work environment, seminars and courses on business and banking related subjects
- Registered Certified Public Secretary with the institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
Reporting to the Group Head of Compliance, the purpose of this role will be to assist the unit establish business and operational compliance structure in line with best practice and regulators guidelines.
The job includes propagating, monitoring and reporting on compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Identify the priority areas of compliance and ensure that these are in line with the operational priorities of the Bank Group; launch major compliance initiatives to respond to the new compliance challenges and constraints facing the bank;
- Review and report compliance with internal policies, operating procedures, standards, laws and regulations and ensures compliance thereof;
- Advise on, draft, vet and revise compliance documentation relating to structures, processes, policies and procedures of business units;
- Monitor Money Laundering issues in the Group, recommend Anti-Money Laundering enforcement measures and reviews AML Policy Document;
- Develop and update guidelines for risk grading customers based on KYC principles and ensure adherence to the guidelines;
- Review credit facility grading, provisioning and interest suspension, zero rating, collateral level and write down/off to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Reviews all regulatory prudential Returns to ascertain their fairness, accuracy, completeness and timely reporting to the regulators.
- An undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or law;
- Professional qualifications in CPA (K)/ACIB/AKIB will have definite advantage.
- 4 years of relevant professional experience in banking and/or finance, including at least 1 year in Compliance Risk Management related areas;
- Experience in the preparation of Compliance Policy, Compliance Strategy and Anti-Money Laundering Policy;
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets including excellent modeling skills;
- Good knowledge of the best industry practice and ability to adapt these practices to commercial bank environment;
- Good team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office tools used in the Bank such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;