Feb 9, 2009Our client, Aon Tanzania which is part of Aon International, the leading insurance broker in the world, is looking for branch managers for its Arusha and Mwanza branches. Reporting to the country manager who is based in Dar es Salaam, the position services a portfolio of clients and doubles up as business development manager.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the annual business plan and budgeting with specific reference to an identified portfolio,
- Managing staff and activities to facilitate effective and efficient functioning of the business of the branch.
- Identifying opportunities and making detailed proposals to improve operational processes.
- Coaching colleagues to support management, enabling them to broaden and deepen their professional skills.
- Dealing with problems concerning professional content and reaching for solutions by translating and interpreting situations.
- Developing existing contacts and/or bringing in new clients to increase the size and quality of the portfolio.
- Translating signals from the market, clients' needs and internal signals into new products and services to suit changing client's needs.
- Making and maintaining contacts with both internal and external clients.
- Maintaining and expanding the existing network of relations in order to optimally took after the interests of both the client and Aon.
The suitable candidate will have a degree in insurance, or 10 years experience in the insurance industry handling a broad spectrum of corporate and other commercial clients.
Due to the size of the operation, applicants must be multi skilled as well as being generalists in their knowledge and have experience of most insurance products and processes
The candidate must be computer literate in the following software packages: Microsoft Office, E-Global and Lotus Notes.
To apply for the above position, please email your CV (no longer than 3 pages) together with a covering letter stating the reference AON/AM to:
janet @ radarrecruitment.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 13th February 2009.