Mar 16, 2009Our client, TOL Gases Limited (TOL) is a listed company on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and has been in the production of Industrial and Medical Gases for nearly 60 years.
Its product range includes Medical and Industrial Liquid Oxygen, Acetylene, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide, Dry Ice, Nitrous Oxide and Argon.
In the last four years TOL has experienced a tremendous infrastructure development that has rapidly grown its net assets value from Sh. 5.7 billion to 10.8 billion. TOL's market has expanded outside the boarders and has been exporting its products to Malawi, Zambia and Kenya.
TOL is currently implementing a strategic plan that will further modernise operations and diversify the product range to include Mineral Water, LPG and Welding Electrodes.
To ensure achievement of the organisation objectives, TOL is seeking for a visionary, dynamic and results driven individual toprovide strategic leadership which will propel the company to new growth heights.
The Managing Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans, managing human, financial and capital resources, and ensuring continued growth and overall effectiveness of TOL Gases Limited.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership in the formulation, planning and implementation of strategic and business plans;
- Ensuring the provision of widely accessible, efficient and reliable services that will facilitate sales and distribution of TOL products;
- Creating awareness, building strong corporate image and ensuring successful implementation of marketing plans;
- Oversee the carrying out of feasibility studies and recommend areas of expansion, diversification and new sources of revenue for TOL;
- Ensuring that TOL has sound financial management and accounting systems that meet all legal requirements set out by the Government of Tanzania and any additional requirements set by the Board of Directors;
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements of the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) and the Capital Market and Services Authority (CMSA);
- Networking and building effective business partnerships with all stakeholders including Government, members of the consortium and the financial sector;
- Ensuring that human resource capacity and appropriate management structures and polices are maintained within the organisation for sustainable growth;
- Compiling periodic reports, presenting company performance and continuously advising the Board of Directors;
- Masters Degree in Business Administration; a combination of an engineering degree and an MBA will be an advantage;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Process Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in industrial business management in a reputable organization; 5 of which must be in a senior managerial position in private business of similar size;
- Proven ability in building positive corporate image, networking and developing sustainablp business partnerships with stakeholders in the private sector and public including Unions;
- Excellent strategic planning, budgeting and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Thorough knowledge of best international practices of similar industrial operations;
- Articulate and able to effectively market the TOL locally, regionally and internationally.
If you believe you are capable of thinking outside the box and effectively market TOL locally and regionally, kindly submit your detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates and names of three referees with their contacts, to the address below quoting reference number TOL/MD/03/09 on both the application letter and envelope.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 3rd April, 2009.
TOL Employees who feel they are qualified are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted applicants may visit TOL to observe operations by contacting the address below.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte & Touche
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: esd @ deloitte.co.tz
Fax +255(22) 2116379