May 29, 2009
Employing over 1000 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $ 70 million, AMREF is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
For more information visit our website www.amref.org.
AMREF is seeking to fill the following 2 positions:
Human Resources Manager
Stationed in Nairobi, a member of the Kenya Country senior management team and reporting to the Country Director, s/he will provide guidance and manage all aspects of the human resources function by ensuring the availability of a competent and well-motivated staff throughout the Country Programme and the sustenance of individual and organizational growth and performance.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Country programme strategic plan and specifically the Human resources aspect;
- Ensuring consistency in the interpretation and implementation of AMREF HR policies and Procedures;
- Participating in the design and implementation of organizational change processes needed to achieve organizational goals;
- Manpower planning and staffing within the country program with a focus on diversity;
- Overseeing staff performance including induction, probation and the annual performance evaluation;
- Supporting training and development activities including planning and delivering within the Country Programme;
- Participating in the design and implementation of policies in line with AMREF global practices and local employment requirements;
- Participating as a member of the AMREF global HR team
- Administering salaries and benefits for country programme staff;
- Fostering a workplace environment consistent with the organisation’s value and mission; and
- Ensuring AMREF’s compliance with all national legal and statutory requirements for the management of its HR resources.
- The ideal candidate will have a first degree in social sciences or related discipline and post graduate qualification in HR.
- In addition, MBA degree will be required with at least 5 years experience in human resource management and development at senior level.
- S/he will have a detailed understanding, knowledge and experience in the HR functional areas and in the application of statutory and labour laws and of best practices in HR.
- In addition, the candidate should have excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills and be computer literate.
Closing Date: June 12, 2009
First Interviews: July 1st, 2009
Final Interview: Week starting July 13th 2009
Training Coordinator, ART and HIV/AIDS Training
(Ref: - CHR/09/05-14)
Based in Nairobi, and reporting to the Technical Specialist-Training, the Training Coordinator will provide managerial and technical expertise in AMREF ART Training and Knowledge Hub Project.
S/he will ensure timely and efficient achievement of the Project’s objectives by coordinating partner activities, stakeholder meetings, budgeting and implementation of the project activities.
S/he will supervise the Project Assistant and the course facilitators.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project;
- Developing an M&E framework to monitor project activities;
- Fundraising through proposal development for the extension of the project;
- Spearheading the development of curricula and curricular materials based on identified training needs or requests from stakeholders;
- Applying distance learning/eLearning to training in HIV Control and ART delivery and management;
- Managing the project expenditures, ensure the budget is strictly adhered to, and financial procedures are followed;
- Conducting training needs assessment in the area of ART, HIV/AIDS;
- Supporting the development of the Training and Knowledge Hub;
- Preparing financial, technical and management training reports;
- Marketing the ART, HIV/AIDS training activities in the health sector;
- Liaising with various stakeholders and partners to ensure coordination and effective implementation of training activities;
- Facilitating in other courses within the Directorate of Capacity Building;
- Documenting and disseminate information on project activities;
S/he should be highly effective in training, networking and posses excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please quote above reference number CHR/09/05-14 and send your details including remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to The Director of Human Resources, AMREF Headquarters by email to jobs @ amref.org.
Closing Date: June 12, 2009
Please visit our website www.amref.org and look at the jobs at AMREF page for required qualifications and detailed job descriptions.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.