May 26, 2009
Under the general guidance of the Chief, CHEP Section, you will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a component of the sectoral programme. You will be accountable for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection programme(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
- Advanced university ourdegree in social sciences or a related technical field.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, in a related field.
- Current knowledge of the latest developments and technology, in the field.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programmes, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills.
- Leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Fluency in English and another UN language required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Applications should be received by 9 June 2009.
Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
UNICEF’s salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System; visit www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances for further information.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.