Jun 15, 2009
RwandAir is the National Carrier of Rwanda. As it continues to reposition, consolidate and expand, a number of opportunities continue to be available for immediate recruitment.
We are looking for exceptional people to work for an exceptional organization.
You will be bilingual or fluent in English with a working knowledge of French.
You will be results-driven, be service-focused, a team player, an effective communicator with well-honed negotiation skills, a strategic thinker with adequate attention to detail, of unquestionable honesty and integrity, be technologically aware and have exceptional interpersonal skills.
For the right candidate, a highly competitive package will be offered commensurate with the position and qualification.
We are looking for candidates to fill the following positions within the airline: Chief Financial Officer (CFO); a Company Secretary/Chief Legal Officer; a Cargo Manager; and an ICT Manager.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for the general financial outlook of the airline, a role defined in terms of the financial viability and effective stakeholder management.
The incumbent must: Contribute to the transformation and growth programme of the airline at all levels - strategic and operational; assume full responsibility for all financial management including management information systems (MIS) reforms, financial control, tax planning and compliance, manage related regulatory requirements and meet oversight milestones induding audit compliance; provide financial interface with stakeholders (internal and external); and lead and build an effective team while ensuring the establishment of effective systems and procedures.
You will meet the following requirements: A qualified and experienced accountant with appropriate IFAC designation (CIMA, ACCA, CA, CPA, etc...); MBA with a strong financial management bias plus the requisite experience will be considered; At least five-years of senior financial management experience, including industry or related experience; Thorough knowledge of computer applications software and knowledge of financial accounting systems.
Chief Legal Officer (CLO)
WB02/06/2009 - Chief Legal Officer (Company Secretary)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Legal Oficer/Company Secretary will be accountable for the legal issues in the organization. This role is both operational and strategic. You will act as Legal Adviser to the airline on all aspects of its mission as well as on industry-specific issues impacting the airline.
- draft, negotiate, and vet contracts on behalf of the company to protect its interests;
- ensure company's compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to avoid legal penalties;
- organise and administer board meetings to ensure they are efficient and effective;
- ensure disputes are resolved in a manner that safeguards the company's position and in compliance with local and international aviation regulations;
- brief and monitor external counsel to ensure legal representation is effective;
- develop effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs;
- prepare proposals to lobby the government and other aviation bodies on pending legislation to protect and/or improve RwandAir business environment; and
- provide legal counselling so as to ensure legal problems and risks are identified and dealt with before they emerge as significant risk to the business
You will have an Advanced Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Law, with relevant specialization. You will have at least 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant legal experience, or with the legal department of a government or international organization or with a private firm specializing in international or commercial law. Possession of aviation law experience will be an added advantage.
WB03/06/2009 - ICT Manager
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the ICT Manager is accountable for the planning, commissioning, operation and security of the entire airline ICT infrastructure. As the chief information officer of the ailrine, you will ensure mission delivery through an effective ICT dependent and secure business environment.
- You will design, establish and support the ICT infrastructure - hardware, networks, databases, mission-critical systems, oversee security, training and user-effective buy-in.
- You will improve, maintain and secure the airline electronic presence, including its website.
- You will maintain a proactive needs assessment -identifying the need for new software and systems or the re-engineering of existing ones; performing software distribution updates, scripting, testing and support; collecting various statistics on the performance and reliability of systems and producing relevant reports; conducting helpdesk support for users; and offering technical and operational IT advice.
You will have an advanced degree (masters or equivalent) in computer science or related fields. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Industry standard CISCO certifications are highly desirable. You will possess at least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in ICT with at least 3 years at a comparable institution.
Possession of a hands-on practical knowledge of industry systems is an added advantage.
WB04/06/2009 - Cargo Manager
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Cargo Manager will be accountable for the growth and contribution of the Cargo Operation to the bottom line.
You will be responsible for formulating and delivering the company's cargo business strategy including directing the entire cargo organization to increase overall airline profitability, ensure efficient and cost effective service delivery in compliance with cargo handling standards and service level agreements as defined by import/export community.
You will have the following minimum qualifications: University graduate with minimum 5 years management in cargo industry with bias on both commercial and operations functions. Customer service experience logistics/distribution industry.
Experienced planning and managing extensive human and materiel resources
How to Apply:
Please apply online with a single consolidated application document detailing your (application letter, curriculum vitae, three current referees, relevant certificates in jpg, contact details, etc..
Please describe the position you are applying for in the email subject line) before Monday 22nd June 2009 (4.00pm) to the following Address:
Human Resources Manager, RwandAir
2nd Floor Centenary House (Caritas Building)
Avenue de la Paix,
Box 7275 Kigali
Email: recruitment @ rwandair.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.