Jul 9, 2009
It provides these services through Water Service Providers (WSPs) or Water Companies.
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board has developed and contracted the following Water Service Providers as agents for the supply of water and sanitation services in their area of operations.
- Nyanas Water and Sanitation Company, based in Nandi Hills town
- Chemosit Water and Sanitation Company, based in Litein, Bureti District
- South Nyanza Water Services Company, based in Homabay town
- Sibo Water and Sanitation Company, based in Siaya town
- Mikutra Water and Sanitation Company, based in Migori town
- Gusii Water and Sanitation Company, based in Kisii town
Each of the above Companies therefore intends to recruit a self driven, result oriented, highly motivated and qualified individual to fill the position of the Managing Director on a one year renewable contract terms of service.
1. Post of Managing Director (1 Post Per Company)
Duties and Responsibilities
The required person will be reporting to the Company's Board of Directors and shall have the overall responsibility of planning, directing and controlling the operations of the Company to ensure that it meets the set performance targets and standards.
He or she will be responsible for the following specific duties and responsibilities:-
- Direct and coordinate the Company's operations and overall administration
- Formulate and implement strategies, policies, business plans, and annual operating budgets including projections of development facilities.
- Implement the Service Provision Agreement between the Company and LVSWSB.
- Implement the negotiated Performance Contract between the Company and LVSWSB.
- Ensure proper management of funds, property of the Company and assets of LVSWSB.
- Ensure that there is effective communication between the Company and the stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the provision of quality water and sanitation services.
- Attend to staff matters including, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations and effective management of succession plans.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
The successful candidate should be in possession of:
- At least a degree in Civil Engineering, Social sciences, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification.
- At least five years experience in a senior position.
- Have good management and leadership skills.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience in a service utility environment will be an added advantage.
ENG. M. O. Ochieng
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board,
Closing date is 30th July, 2009.