Sep 25, 2009
Besides the MTRH site, AMPATH also runs satellite clinics at 18 outreach sites in Rift Valley, Nyanza & Western provinces.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following vacant positions in AMPATH Program.
1. Position: Laboratory Business Administrator – AMPATH
The business administrator shall be responsible for the daily, efficient, legal, and compliant operation of the AMPATH Laboratories (AL) including its cost effectiveness, quality assurance program, business flow analysis and supervision of support staff.
Typical duties include
- facility management;
- the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of support staff, assuring support staff competency;
- the collating and reporting of quality improvement indicators; and
- periodic analysis of process flow to ensure the delivery of the highest quality services.
- developing and updating non procedural laboratory policies;
- participating in the departmental budget preparation and reconciliation;
- timely completion of external communication requests;
- maintenance of personnel records; and
- working to insure that ARL complies with all legal, government and contract requirements.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidates will among others be responsible for the following:-
- Direct the business operation of ARL including its cost-effectiveness, efficiency, physical soundness, safety and security by appropriately observing and responding to building and grounds necessities.
- Design, update and implement a quality assurance program for LIS and collaborate with the Information Technology (AMRS personnel) to optimize data quality and efficiency of data entry into the LIS.
- Manage inventory and procurement including negotiations with external entities such as the Clinton Foundation or the Global Fund.
- Regularly analyze business processes for efficiency and make recommendations for improvements.
- Direct the non-technical operations of AL including inventory, medical/epidemiology record systems, data entry, switchboard, reception, fee collection.
- Work in collaboration with other supervisors to optimize AL processes.
- Act as the authority on Policy and Procedures for AL and oversees compliance with the governmental policies, regulations and labour laws.
- Supervise and direct the support staff and office assistants, including managing time, attendance and work/leave schedules.
- Be responsible for the recommendations of hiring, termination and discipline of support staff.
- Prepare the annual budget for AL and oversees budget compliance of expenditures and the maintenance of transaction record.
- Degree in Business or a related field is required, masters in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the laboratory field and knowledge of accounting is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational and negotiating skills, business analysis skills, knowledge of Quality Assurance program design and implementation, a working knowledge of human resource issues, basic legal knowledge and the ability to enforce policies and performance standards.
- Ability to define problems, particularly as related to data inconsistencies, to troubleshoot, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to organize/plan/prioritize work, communicate/work effectively with a wide variety of people, responds to frequent deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under stress of deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general laboratory periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Indiana Institute for Global Health Kenya, Ltd.
PO Box 4806
Elgon View Road
Phone: +254 053-2033471 Ext: 3522/3574
Fax: +254 053-2033512
Indiana Institute for Global Health – Kenya (IIGH-K) is an NGO in partnership with the Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare (AMPATH) has the main objective to improve the health and medical well-being of Kenyans, especially the communities affected by the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
One of the income generating activities is the juice factory.
Our juice processing plant will provide seedlings as well as manufacture, market and distribute affordable high quality beverages and Bee products to the East African market.
While doing so the company will continuously and sustainably contribute to the wealth of all its stakeholders and the up-liftment of the community within which it operates.
The Fruit Juice factory is based in Eldoret and is the first of this kind to be established west of Nairobi. It will provide the East African consumer’s with 100% fresh pure fruit juices made from the selected fruits grown in Kenya.
Reporting to the general manager the incumbent will among others be developing and managing the day to day operations of the marketing and sales department.
For more details login to: www.IIGHLink.com/jobs
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Marketing or Business Administration
- Additional qualification such as gaining a Chartered Institute Membership (CMI) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate and develop a team and effectively work with other staff.
- Significant practical experience in Sales and Marketing at Managerial level in FMCG preferably in beverage sales with a minimum of 3 years.
The successful candidate will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances.
Candidates who meet these requirements should submit their applications enclosing copies of certificates together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of current remuneration to:-
The Program Manager
P.O. Box 4606-30100
So as to reach him/her on or before 9th October 2009.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.