Sep 21, 2009
Title: Nutrition Officer
Category and Grade Level: National Officer - NOA
IMIS No: 64246
Type of Contract: Fixed Term - 1 Year
Organization Unit: Accelerated Child Survival and Development
Duty Station: UNICEF Somalia, Jowhar, CSZ
Date of Issue: 21 September 2009
Closing date of Application: 6 October 2009
Qualified Somali applicants are invited to apply for the position of Nutrition Officer, Jowhar, however, the post holder will be out-posted in Mogadishu as interim solution until the duty station is officially regularized as Mogadishu, Somalia.
The successful candidate will be offered a Fixed Term Appointment for 1 year.
Further extensions will be based on organization needs, funding availability, and satisfactory performance.
Purpose of the Post:
Under close supervision of the Nutrition Specialist, L3, contribute to programme planning, administration, implementation and evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake ongoing field visits to UNICEF project sites, assess local conditions and resources, and monitor UNICEF inputs. Communicate with local partners on project feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and non-supply assistance.
- Collect and assemble data and background with regard to programmes/projects and provide updated information on programme/ project financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Analyse programme/project status and recommend appropriate adjustments. Prepare tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes.
- Monitor the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to partners. Draft supply plans and forecasts. Collect and record information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilisation.
- Attend technical cooperation meetings, prepare notes and undertake follow-up action related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assist in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
- Select and compile training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation including donor and media visits.
- Assist in the preparation of country programme documents by drafting AWP, CPD and other relevant input ensuring accuracy and consistency with established plans, rules and regulations.
- Any other emerging issues identified by the Supervisor
- University degree in nutrition, public health or related technical field.
- Minimum two (2) years professional work experience in project administration including data collection and analysis.
- Fluency in Af-Somali and English required both oral and written Communication, analytical and training skills.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
Human Resources Manager
Vacancy Number 2008/054 UNICEF (USSC)
Or email to: somaliahrvacancies @ unicef.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment