Dec 23, 2009
The Position of the Executive Director at Youth Alive! Kenya entails providing leadership and visionary direction to the management and operations of the entire organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate policies and develop systems, structures, procedures, strategies and programmes to facilitate the effective operation of the organisation;
- Provide leadership in the successful implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan 2009 – 2014 and operation plans and projects as approved by the Executive Board;
- Pursue growth opportunities and mobilise resources for the development and sustainability of the organisation;
- Oversee the recruitment, supervision, discipline and remuneration of secretariat staff in consultation with the Executive Board;
- Identify key partners (public and non-state agencies at the local and international levels and private sector agencies that are strategic to organisational plans and manage these relationships effectively;
- Must NOT be older than 33 years of age;
- Must be have at least a Bachelors degree in social sciences, development, law, or related studies;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills with fluency in English;
- Must have at least three (3) years of programme management experience in a small but progressive NGO.
- Must be astute leader with excellent people management abilities;
- Must have a strong disposition to working with disadvantaged people, an unmatched drive for social profits and bias towards the empowerment of people to be the drivers of the change they desire;
- Must be an outstanding role model for young people, of unquestionable integrity and high ethical standards.
Subject line: Executive Director 2009.
Youth Alive! Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.