Jan 6, 2010
ACF Somalia is currently looking for suitable Somali candidate to fill the position of Deputy Nutrition Coordinator for its Nutritional and Medical Programs.
The position involves frequent travelling between the coordination office in Nairobi and the 2 field bases in Somalia
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the medical and nutrition program team which are working on remote control
- Collect the epidemiological surveillance information within ACF areas of intervention as well as partners update and report to MNC with a narrative.
- Draft narrative and statistic reports for partners UNICEF, WFP, FSAU
- Acting as MNC in his/her absence especially for representation.
- Attend any interagency, partners, and pertinent meeting then will provide minutes.
- Will be strongly involved in program strategy the most adapted to the context and proposal writing (definition of objectives, results, activities, indicators).
- Compile, analyse the monthly reports, identify the strengths/weaknesses and propose recommendations in order to improve the results of the program.
- Qualified nurse or nutritionist.3 years’ experience of nutrition and health programs management in the humanitarian field,
- Good analytical capacity; representation skills, Training skills, Proficient in Word, Excel, internet (preferable: Epi Info, SMART software), Fluent in English & Somali language.
To apply send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Action Contre La Faim,Somalia Coordination office, Maji Mazuri Road, PO Box 39900, not later than 22nd January 2010.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.