Jan 14, 2010
The Corporation is a regulatory agency mandated to assure on quality of agricultural inputs and produce.
KEPHIS is seeking to recruit a competent and visionary individual who together with the Board of Directors will provide leadership and steer the Corporation towards attaining its mission and objectives.
The Managing Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer and reports to the Board of Directors.
Secretary to the Board
- Supporting operations and administration of Board to fulfill its governance functions.
- Interfacing between the Board and employees to ensure effective communication and performance.
- Developing of and recommending to the Board the strategy, policies, operating plans and budgets; and establishing internal control systems including performance management system.
- Giving direction and leadership toward the achievement of the mission and objectives of KEPHIS including a corporate culture that ensures ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of strategies, policies and plans thereby ensuring achievement of service delivery mandate and financial objectives of KEPHIS.
- Providing overall leadership to the day to day operations of KEPHIS.
- Overseeing development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate operational management systems for efficient operations and effective quality service delivery to the public.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Liaising with the Government in consultation with the Board on the affairs and the performance of the Corporation's functions.
- Fostering and maintaining good relationships with both local and international stakeholders and collaborators.
- Providing effective communication with stakeholders.
Managerial and Leadership
- Demonstrate ability to conceptualize, initiate, formulate and implement policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, inspire and motivate, and obtain commitment to common objectives and achieve success.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and make decisions in complex situations in a dynamic environment.
- Possess high level of integrity and good understanding of corporate governance structures, principles and standards.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and sustain linkages with national and international partners including ability to represent KEPHIS effectively in both national and international forums.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant Government laws, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement management systems.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Highly self-motivated and results driven individual with a demonstrable record of accomplishment of achievement.
- Possess PhD in agricultural sciences including plant pathology, plant breeding, entomology, molecular biology, chemistry or related fields.
- Relevant training in management and governance or additional qualifications such as MBA will be an added advantage.
- Proven record of leadership in a public or private organization with at least 10 years progressive experience at senior management level.
- Working knowledge of regulations/standards governing the agricultural sector and international trade in agricultural produce.
- Experience in strategic planning and financial management in a large organization.
- Three year renewable contract based on performance.
- Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS)
P. O. Box 49592 -00100
Information available in our website: www.kephis.org
Those that do not qualify need not apply.
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.