Feb 4, 2010
This is a non-established position supported by Donor Funds whose contract terms and conditions are limited to the availability of funds.
Office Driver /Messenger
Grade: General Staff Category (G2 Equivalent)
Reports to: Administrative/Office Management Assistant (OMA)
Organ/Institution: EAC Secretariat
Duration of Contract: Five (5) Years
Station: EAC Secretariat, Arusha - Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To provide transport and communication support and ensure that the project vehicle is well maintained.
- To provide efficient Office support services and run errands for the EAC HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Opportunistic Infections (OIs) Prevention and Control Programme and various EAC health projects and programme.
- Transport officers and staff of the EAC HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Opportunistic Infections (OIs) Prevention and Control Programme and various EAC Health Department Offices on official duty.
- Monitor expiry dates of vehicle licenses, insurance and maintenance/service schedules and provide timely reports to the Administrative/Office Management Assistant (OMA) for renewal/ service.
- Maintain daily cleanliness of the vehicles and ensure all vehicle movements are properly logged.
- Undertake errands (e.g. mail delivery and collection, message delivery, payments of bills etc) as may be assigned.
- Provide support service within the Office (e.g. photocopying, binding, franking etc).
- Detect and report any vehicle mechanical defaults for management action.
- Liaise with Administrative/Office Management Assistant (OMA) for refuelling of the vehicles.
- Collect and deliver intra-office mail, documents, and messages on prescribed schedules
- Responsible for collecting, photocopying and delivery documents, payment of bills, collection of mail etc.
- Perform Office cleaning duties.
- Prepare and ensure office refreshments are served to staff on a regular schedule.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ordinary Level Certificate (Secondary Education), with a valid driving licence with 5 years accident free driving in a similar position in a busy organization.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle mechanic, basic First Aid, training in defensive driving will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the reference number of the position applied for by registered mail, courier service, email (all soft copies should be in MS Word) or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P O Box 1096
Fax No: +007 27 2504255/2504481
Email: eac @ eachq.org
To be received not later than Friday 5th March, 2010.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer; therefore female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.