Feb 10, 2010
Our client, The Kenya Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) was started in 1910 and is therefore one of the oldest NGOs in the country since the year 1910.
Both as a national and worldwide movement in over 120 countries in the world, the YMCA is united by the common goal of developing young people, families and communities in body, mind and spirit through relevant programme activities and services.
It is an organization of volunteers whose programmes are mainly community-initiated and community-led and is the largest young people's organization in the world.
They wish to recruit a professional, visionary and result oriented National General Secretary (Chief Executive Officer) for the Kenya YMCA.
- The National General Secretary is responsible for the strategic direction and general management of the affairs of the National Council of Kenya YMCA as stipulated in the Kenya YMCA constitution.
- The National General Secretary is also the Chief Executive Officer legally responsible and accountable to the National Executive Committee (NEC) for the general policy and day-to-day management of the YMCA and for the promotion of various programme activities and interests of the entire National Movement.
- Assist in promotion of sustainability of local YMCA branches and the entire movement by raising and managing funds; overseeing implementation of programmes and projects of the YMCA and initiation of new ones within the developed relevant policies.
- Prepare and present to the NEC and other stakeholders periodic reports on the activities and operations of Kenya YMCA.
- Co-ordinate partnerships and linkages with other national organizations and international movements.
- Initiate and promote effective publicity to raise the profile of the organization.
- Design programme activities of the Kenya YMCA in accordance with the approved YMCA Strategic Plans.
- Promote effective stewardship of the YMCA resources and increase the financial base and stability of the organization so as to support projects and programmes in accordance with YMCA procedures and policies.
- Must possess at least a first degree in Social Sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution. Post graduate degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must not be below 28 and above 53 years of age.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Must have professional experience of at least seven (7) years, five (5) of which must be at Senior Management or Volunteer Leadership levels, including top decision making organs.
- Must have participated in top-level decision making and policy formulation related to youth and community or human development services.
- Must be mature and visionary leaderwith understanding, interpersonal, people management and strategic planning skills and computer literate plus excellent communications skills.
- Must be conversant with emerging trends in international project funding and resource mobilization, implementation, report writing, monitoring and evaluation.
- Must be able to understand and interpret budgets.
- Must be a team player and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
You MUST disclose your current or past salary.
Failure to disclose may disqualify your application.
Send your application by hand, courier, post or email so as to reach us by 24th February 2010. Mark Job Ref. No. on top left of the envelope.
Executive Selections Division,
Manpower Service (K) Ltd,
3rd Floor, Landmark Plaza,
Directly Opposite Nairobi Hospital Entrance,
P.O. Box 50736 - 00200,
Email: recruit @ manpowerkenya.com.