Mar 15, 2010
The mission of OMASI is to reduce poverty among the Maasai, create income diversity, reduce rural- urban migration and eventually cede ownership towards the local communities.
Means to this end include setting up commercial businesses that will eventually become self-managing and economically independent from outside donors.
Several ventures in the area of milk processing, dairy farming, forestry, bio-fuel, charcoal production and honey processing are either underway or in the process of being set up.
OMASI is a social initiative which is initiated by a foundation in the Motherland (SHGW) and a local Maasai pastoralist organization “The Institute for Orkonerei Pastoralist Advancement” (IOPA). The ventures are located in the Simanyiro district, Manyara region. Northern Tanzania.
Some of the companies within the OMASI structure are:
DOSI Engiteng: Engiteng is the brand name for the five milk processing units of the Dutch Orkonerei Social investment Ltd (DOSI), one of the OMASI companies. The Engitengs are located in Longido, Terrat, Naberera, Orkesumet and Same and are processing milk into Gouda cheese, yoghurt, butter and ghee (www.engiteng.com)
Energy & Water Social Investment Company (EWC): EWC is involved in electricity supply, bio fuel production (by processing Jatropha seeds),bio-gas production and rural water supply and will become engaged in processing drinkable bottled water
Rotiana- Honey Division: Rotiana Social Investment Ltd. is a farm close to Naberera engaged in farming activities like dairy, forestry, crops, aloe and honey processing.
Orpul: Orpul Ltd is a slaughterhouse located at the Rotiana farm and is involved in the processing and packaging of high quality meat.
DOSI General Manager
- The successful candidate has a Marketing degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience in managing medium-large enterprises in the agricultural sector is an advantage
- Proven entrepreneurial skills and a pro- active approach
- Proven leadership skills, especially ability to manage and supervise employees
- Proven ability to provide strategic directions and promote long-term growth and financial stability
- Proven ability to create budgets and understand financial impacts of decisions
- Hands- on experience with high- tech equipment
- Oversee the daily management of DOSI which includes management of the marketing department and a central store of the OMASI initiative
- Establish a good relationship with all OMASI companies and ensure and stimulate team work between these companies and DOSI
General Manager, Energy & Water Social Investment Company (EWC)
- The successful candidate has a degree in Engineering, Agriculture or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior role.
- Experience in electricity and water processing and supplying is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Maa is an advantage
- Excellent technical skills In terms of diesel engines, generators, electricity networks, house and business connections, bore holes, water pumps, water distribution networks, administration and reporting
- Proven ability to manage and supervise employees
- Ability to be a creative problem solver
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Proven experience in planning and budgeting
- Oversee the daily operations of EWC and its divisions
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the electricity supply
- Manage purchasing of Jatropha seeds and production of Jatropha oil
- Oversee the daily operations of the bio-gas production plant
- Set-up and manage a drinkable bottled water plant
General Manager - ORPUL
Simanjiro District- Manyara Region
- The successful candidate has a veterinary degree with a minimum 5 years experience in a veterinary role, preferably at a slaughterhouse.
- Knowledge of FDTA and TBS regulations and standards is an advantage.
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Ability to create a good relationship with stakeholders (beneficiaries, suppliers, consumers, government, etc.)
- Ability to provide leadership to the staff
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to establish and maintain policies and procedures around optimal hygiene
- Make strategic decisions ensuring the implementation of strategies in all layers of the organisation Daily management of Orpul
- Establish a good relationship with all OMASI companies and ensure and stimulate team work between these companies and Orpul
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met
Food Technologist for DOSI Engiteng or Rotiana Honey Division
Manyara and Arusha Region
- The successful candidates have a degree in Food Technology (for Rotiana -Honey division) or Dairy Technology (for Engiteng).
- With a minimum of 3 years experience in food processing or dairy processing in a middle or senior management.
- Experience in submitting HACCP is an advantage.
- Strong entrepreneurial experience
- Proven problem solving and decision making ability
- Possess management skills and the capability of working in a team
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Ability to create and manage budgets Ability to teach small groups of people
- Advise the local managers on all processing issues
- Oversee, set- up and implement HACCP throughout the whole supply chain
To apply for these positions please email your CV (no longer than 3 pages) together with a covering letter outlining your experience and interest in the vacancy.
Please state the appropriate job reference: GMEWC, GMO. GMD or FT
Send your application with the appropriate reference to: Catherine @ radarrecruitment.com
Please do not include any scanned copies of certificates
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th March 2010