Jun 30, 2010
We are seeking to recruit highly motivated, results-oriented and proactive team players to fill the following positions:
1. Team Leader – Access to Infrastructure Services Programme, based in Nairobi
Reporting to the Regional Director, this senior management position is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the Infrastructure Services Programme, ensuring achievement of strategic objectives and delivery of outputs as per donor requirements and timelines, and developing new project ideas and funding proposals.
- Lead the strategic development and policy influencing within the Programme; responsible for programme planning, implementation and management; line management of Programme staff; financial management of Programme portfolio of grants/budgets; quality assurance, donor and internal reporting; proposal development and writing; fundraising, representation and networking
- Ensure the production of monthly work plans for each project and ensure timeliness and quality of project implementation
- Liaise with UK head office to synthesize and report on Programme contribution towards international goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain good relations with beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Water & Sanitation Option preferred), post-graduate qualification in programme management or related discipline an added advantage
- At least seven (7) years work experience (of which at least 3 years at senior management level)
- Excellent mastery of development issues, strategic thinking and functioning at policy level
- Excellent writing skills and proven track record of producing fundable proposals
The successful candidate will head up Practical Action’s Somali Cluster field office based in Mandera and ensure leadership, management, continuous development and implementation of programmes activities in the Cluster.
- Overall management of the Cluster, including strategic planning and programme delivery
- Line management of the Cluster personnel and ensuring adherence to Practical Action HR policies and procedures
- Efficient management of financial & non-financial resources
- Represent Practical Action in the Cluster, including networking and collaboration with partners and beneficiaries
- Strengthen Practical Action’s brand and reputation within the Cluster
- Develop project ideas and funding proposals; ensure delivery of timely and quality project reports
- Management of a newly funded project on participatory planning in close liaison with key stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a development or related field plus 5 years work experience (2 in management level)
- Post graduate diploma in project/program management, community development or related field
- Good knowledge of ASAL issues; strategic & participatory planning; networking & advocacy
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals
Reporting to the Area Coordinator Karamoja Cluster, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation of newly funded participatory planning project activities in Turkana.
- Ensure effective delivery of outputs in Turkana as per the newly funded participatory planning project
- Develop and operationalize project activity plans and work closely with all the project stakeholders
- Ensure that project implementation teams are constituted and structures developed
- Ensure that the project beneficiaries are actively involved in project delivery and information exchange
- Ensure that the advocacy dimensions of the project are effectively articulated
- Bachelor’s degree in community development related field plus minimum of two years work experience
- Excellent skills in community mobilization and networking
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be carried out in Nairobi.
Practical Action is an “equal opportunities” employer.
For a more comprehensive collection of jobs in Kenya, visit our new Kenyan Jobs Website www.kenyan-jobs.com