Jun 16, 2010
Ref: SASRA 2/2(46)
The Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority, a State Corporation with a mandate to License, Supervise and Regulate deposit taking Sacco Societies in Kenya seeks to recruit qualified persons for positions of Surveillance and Compliance Officers in the SACCO Supervision Department.
Reporting to the Chief Manager, Surveillance/Compliance; the primary responsibilities of these Officers will be to review and process license applications by SACCOs; conduct off site surveillance, inspection and on-site evaluation of the financial condition and compliance with statutory and prudential requirements for licensed SACCOs; and make recommendations on areas of improvements to assure financial safety and soundness of the SACCOs.
Interested candidates should
- be below 36 years of age and
- hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration, law or a related field;
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA or ACCA. Master’s degree, CISA or CISM qualification will be an added advantage;
- At least three years experience in financial management, financial analysis, accounting, compliance and risk analysis in a financial institution, business advisory firm or regulatory Agency.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity, team player, self motivated and willingness to work with minimal supervision.
Ref: SASRA 2/2(49)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Corporate Communications Officer will be responsible for
- developing and implementing communication strategies aimed at advancing SASRA’s mission and objectives,
- developing and promoting a positive corporate image including maintaining regular contacts with media representatives and stakeholders;
- coordinating the development, production and delivery of promotional events and special publications on the role of SASRA in the socio-economic development of the country;
- research and write articles, edit newsletters, reports, journals and publicity materials, factsheets, speeches, internet web pages and other publications for internal and external audiences, including employees, stakeholders and the general public.
- Interested candidates should be below 36 years and hold a bachelors degree in Mass Communications, Journalism or equivalent qualifications.
- A Master degree or qualifications in Public Relations will be an added advantage;
- A minimum four (4) years relevant experience in corporate communications work.
- Working knowledge of economic development issues and regulatory operations in the financial sector;
- Ability to write, edit and produce a variety of communications materials for release to media and other stakeholders;
- Experience in research and training in communication strategies, methods and techniques to staff and other stakeholders;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with the media, government officials, employees, donors, stakeholders and the general public
referees and their contact email address and telephone numbers quoting the reference above to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority
P.O. Box 25089 – 00100
To reach him not later than 1st July, 2010
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted and canvassing shall lead to automatic
For a more comprehensive collection of jobs in Kenya, visit our new Kenyan Jobs Website www.kenyan-jobs.com