Jul 14, 2010
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation (NWCPC) was established under the State Corporations Act, Chapter 446 of the Laws of Kenya vide Legal Notice 270 of 24th June, 1988.
Following the enactment of the Water Act (2002), the Corporation's roles changed and it assumed the following new mandate:-
- To develop state schemes and spearhead dam construction for water supplies, flood control and other multi-purpose use, land drainage and construction of dykes.
- To carry out ground water recharge using flood water and drilling of boreholes on behalf of the government.
- To develop new, retain existing and expand bulk water supply to Water Services Boards and other service providers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be the team leader in the Implementation of the mandate of the Corporation and his/her duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Carrying out the day-to-day business of the Corporation to ensure that departments, sections and units conform with the overall operational plans and performance targets.
- Developing an annual operational plan, for the Board of Directors' approval for effective implementation of the strategy of the Corporation.
- Implementing the Board's decisions and corporate policies/programmes in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations' goals and objectives.
- Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures, performance standards and ensuring compliance of the same by staff.
- Ensuring effective communication between the Management and the Board of Directors and well as different levels of staff.
- Attending to Human Resource matters including development and implementation of sound Human Resource policies and procedures so as to maintain conducive working environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- Managing staff matters including organizational structure, appointments, welfare, industrial relations, staff development, separation and effective management of successions plans.
- Strengthening collaborative partnership and undertaking appropriate liaison with the Parent Ministry, water sector institutions and other organs of government in order to advocate, represent and influence policies on the development of water infrastructures.
- Co-ordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board.
- Advising the Board of Directors concerning future activities and on the development of objectives and policies necessary to steer the Corporation ahead.
- The candidate Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Water Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered with the Engineer's Registration Board of Kenya and Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering / Water related Engineering field from a recognized Institution.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration or Corporate Finance Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Water Reforms as spelt out in the Water Act (2002) is essential.
- Experience in Steering and managing a large organization including handling complex industrial disputes and related staff and welfare matters is desirable.
- Must have at least 15 years of experience in a commercial establishment, preferably in the Water and Sanitation Sector, and at least 5 years in a Senior Management Position.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in leadership and management at senior level
- Experience in Management of Large Dams Construction
- Competency in computer application skills.
- Applicants are requested to indicate their current emolument package.
- Certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials
- A detailed CV giving details of telephone contacts, email address, current position and remuneration and
- Names and contacts of three (3) referees
National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation,
P.O. Box 30173-00100,
or email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
For a more comprehensive collection of jobs in Kenya, visit our new Kenyan Jobs Website www.kenyan-jobs.com