Sep 10, 2010
The Fund seeks to recruit officers to fill the following positions which have arisen as a result of expansion:
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager will be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance on program management and implementation
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of programmes of the Fund:
- Ensure formulation and implementation of best business strategy, business practices, policies and procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Oversee the preparation of annual business plans, operating budgets and management reports to facilitate decision making by the Board.
- Develop and nurture business relationships with relevant stakeholders and Institutions in promotion of The Fund goals.
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: business administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Possession of a Masters degree in relevant field and professional qualification in accounting, Finance, Banking and project management will be an added advantage
- In possession of at least six years work experience at senior management position In a reputable organization in the public or private sector
- Demonstrated experience in strategy formulation arid implementation and program management and financial products development.
- Thorough Knowledge of government financial management and procurement regulations, policies and procedures is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with partners including local leaders in the counties and constituencies is desirable.
- Experience in micro, small and medium entrepreneurship development and/or development finance organization will be mandatory
- Must be of impeccable integrity and honesty
- Must be below 40 years
Reporting to the Lending and Investment Manager, the Credit Manager will be in charge of the Credit portfolio and will be responsible for:
- Conducting market surveys for product development
- Clients’ loan uptake assessments.
- Organization, development and supervision of target client groups
- Oversee the appraisals of the loans applications.
- Manage the loans portfolio to ensure quality portfolio.
- Coordinate follow ups on repayments with credit officers, District Youth Officers and constituency interns
- Ensure timely reporting on the loan portfolio.
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business administration from a reputable University. A Professional qualification in accounting, finance or credit management will be an added advantage.
- At Least 4 years experience in credit administration or loan management gained from working in financial institutions in the field of microfinance.
- Possession of good analytical and reporting skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills to interact with key stakeholders
Reporting to the Lending and Investment Manager, the Senior Enterprise Development Officer will be in charge of the Enterprise Development portfolio and will be responsible for development of entrepreneurial skills among the youth.
The key tasks are.
- Carrying out surveys to establish client’s entrepreneurial needs;
- Identifying and recommending appropriate training needs for the entrepreneurs who have benefited from the organizations products countrywide:
- Appraising the courses developed for SME by different players and develop training content, manuals and handbooks for use by the organization in building entrepreneurial capacity of the youth;
- Coordinating and training youth entrepreneurs across the country
- Identifying strategic players to collaborate with the organization in development and piloting of new strategies as well as provide continuous mentoring to the upcoming youth entrepreneurs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Education or business related discipline. Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge of training needs assessment
- At least three years experience in training clients on micro and small business management
- Strong facilitation skills
- Very strong administrative and management knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of financial services Industry will be an added advantage
Reporting to the Lending and Investment Manager, the Senior Commercial Infrastructure Officer will be in charge of the Commercial Infrastructure portfolio and will be responsible for:
- Advocating and lobbying local authorities and other stakeholders countrywide for youth focused commercial infrastructure development.
- Develop framework to guide Investment In commercial infrastructure
- Research to identify infrastructure development approaches beneficial for youth entrepreneurs in various regions of the country.
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in commerce, marketing, business administration, international trade, engineering or any other relevant field.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s strategy for negotiating with other organizations
- Experience in designing and executing marketing and other trading space plans.
- Should have a proven track record in building solid private and public sector contact networks and partnerships
- Knowledge of local political and economic environment, business climate, and government structure
- Knowledge of public private partnerships and in depth understanding of markets and trading space infrastructure provisions by local authorities in Kenya
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
All applicants should be below 40 years old.
Applications should be received not later than Friday 24th September 2010 and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Youth Enterprise Development Fund Board
P.O Box 48610-00100
For a more comprehensive collection of jobs in Kenya, visit our new Kenyan Jobs Website www.kenyan-jobs.com