Oct 18, 2010
- Maintain and implement the Federation standard warehousing and logistics policies / practices and keep all records that are necessary for conducting audits and inspections.
- Ensure the correct storage, rotation of stock and proper structural maintenance of warehouse to keep all stocks in good condition.
- Maintain accurate stock control and records at all times and provide weekly/monthly stock reports to the Logistics Manager
- Participate in the procurement of goods and services, and render such advice as may be necessary for the proper provision of logistics support.
- Organise local labour to effect the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods to and from the warehouse.
- Maintain communications with the relevant departments of EARO and Partner National Socities to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods from the warehouse in support of their operations.
- Lodge the necessary documents with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kenya Revenue Authority, and any other external partners and follow up for their approvals, and subsequent delivery of documents and cargo to the respective desks and offices.
- Facilitate timely Customs clearance EARO import / export cargo through coordination with appointed clearing agents
- Coordinate transport and delivery of EARO cargo with appointed transport contractors.
- Prepare monthly and adhoc warehousing and logistics reports
- Organize all daily duties of drivers and vehicles according to the Fleet Management procedures in place.
- Supervise and monitor all drivers in their daily duties (daily vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance reporting, Logbooks, cleaning of vehicles, etc.)
- In coordination with Logistics Manager and sub-regional Fleet Officer facilitate the examination, recruitment, testing, training and evaluation of drivers.
- Vehicle control
- Control and monitor all vehicle movements, to ensure that no vehicles leave the compound without authorization.
- Plan and provide all the transport services for programme activities, airport transfers and for all day-to-day operations of the region office - in line with the stipulated transport request procedures.
- Ensure that daily and weekly vehicle and stand-by generator inspections are performed, and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Facilitate the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair / recovery outside of working hours
- Ensure the sound operational condition of the standby generator, and that it is powered as and when it becomes necessary.
- Ensure the vehicles are always clean, insured and road worthy and that all accidents, repairs and defects are reported and attended to.
- Assist the Fleet Officer in planning, preparing and controlling the activities related to maintenance and service of vehicles in Kenya.
- Co-ordinate and monitor, together with the sub-regional Fleet Officer, the existing service and maintenance contracts with the applicable Workshops and suppliers to ensure the best possible service and maintenance for the vehicle fleet.
- Ensure that all fleet related expenses are captured and data entered in the fleet wave system.
- Prepare regular reports on vehicle mileage, lease and rentals, fuel consumption, repairs and maintenance in accordance with Federation standards. This includes data entry on the Fleetwave system and generation of reports from the system.
- Deal with any road accidents involving IFRC vehicles and be able to travel to the accident site to deal with the victims, driver and police in accordance with Federation Standard practices. Follow-up proper reporting and documentation of accidents and claims.
- Receiving and processing of fleet related supplier invoices in Nairobi.
- Respond to feedback received from vehicle users on driver / vehicle performance.
- Maintain all EARO Fleet related records and documents (vehicle 3rd Party local insurance, driver file index cards, vehicle file index cards, driving test reports, driver authorization, drivers rules and regulations, mission orders, transport requests, vehicle fuel logs, vehicle fleet related requisitions and invoices, vehicle work/repair orders, vehicle daily inspection reports, vehicle handover reports and all other fleet documents).
- Support any other logistics functions within the Region as may be directed by the Logistics Manager.
- A degree in any field
- Diploma in Logistics and Stores Management
- 3 years or more experience in warehouse management, fleet management and general logistics.
- Previous experience working at the Federation Delegation, ICRC and/or National Society will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Office organisational and secretarial skills
- Good knowledge of Store Keeping preferably within an international humanitarian agency
- Good knowledge of fleet management preferably within an international humanitarian agency
- Good computer skills
- Broad understanding of RC/RC activities
- High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Self-motivated, proactive with good judgement and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sensitive to diversity
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a team
- Good inter-personal skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision
How to apply
Applications by email only to email address firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 25th October 2010.
Do not apply if you had applied for this position earlier.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For a more comprehensive collection of jobs in Kenya, visit our new Kenyan Jobs Website www.kenyan-jobs.com