Feb 10, 2011
Job Ref: BA/PM/21
About this position
Our client is looking for a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective procurement services to support the business at Headquarter and operations level.
The holder of this position will deliver high quality professional procurement logistics and administration services and lead the development and implementation of tools, processes, policies and practices covering all aspects of the procurement chain.
Ability to deal with hands on issues as well as participate in strategic thinking will be key to success in this position. This is a key position within the company’s Finance and Administration function but with key linkages with all other departments.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
- Introduce a formalized approach in the company to guide all procurement activities for both goods and services
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures, tools and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient procurement processes in the company and to assure seamless procurement services as the company’s procurement demand grows
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with suppliers, contractors and other partners within the procurement services chain to create a partnership that adds value to Bridge International Academies
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and other contractual terms with suppliers in Kenya and other parts of the world as may be required
- Reviewing and embedding with user departments the technical specifications for production materials required for school operations, equipment or construction requirements
- Closely overseeing the acquisition of materials needed for production of learning and training requirements, general supplies for offices and facilities, equipment, and construction contracts while ensuring visibility of the process at each stage.
- Leveraging online procurement resources to identify and use appropriate channels within the vast e-commerce environment both locally and internationally
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse logistics and purchasing professional associations to ensure gainful experience and knowledge sharing
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods or services at reasonable prices
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries and keeping track of lead times throughout the procurement process
- Working with department managers and other staff to forecast demand of procurement services and to ascertain that goods are received as ordered and payments processed only for certified confirmations of deliveries or service
- Budgeting, reporting and analysis of procurement costs to ensure high visibility and control of procurement related expenses
- Periodic reporting of procurement activities and projects
- Training and developing of best practice procurement knowledge across the company management team
- Supervision of procurement project staff in other departments to ensure standard practice and knowledge transfer.
- Working internally and with external legal support to ensure suitable agreements that would ensure appropriate terms of engagement with suppliers of high value equipment such as capital items, and warranty covered purchases
- Support School Operations, Technology, Land and Construction departments and other functions in legal and contractual processes for their procurement needs.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance procurement processes
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years experience in full lifecycle procurement management preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple procurement requirements
- An expert level of knowledge in procurement including, but not limited to sourcing, pricing, contracts, relationship management and due diligence on suppliers and contractors
- Experience with procurement management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Hands on knowledge of warehousing, inventory management and dealing with printers for multiple jobs is desirable
- Professional qualifications in purchasing and supplies management
- Bachelors Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to present procurement feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large volumes of procurement requirements for a broad range of office and operational needs. Must have the ability to quickly learn and improve systems
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative and solid judgment skills and abilities
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
If you meet the above requirements send your CV and application letter to email@example.com.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more jobs in Kenya, visit www.kenyan-jobs.com today.