Sep 19, 2011
YADEN engages arts and sports methodologies to address the following thematic areas HIV/AIDS, Gender Issues, Education, Diversity, Good Governance and Entrepreneurship.
YADEN East Africa in Partnership with Mercy Corps is currently implementing the USAID-funded Yes Youth Can Program in Central Kenya.
The post-election recovery program aims to mobilize and organize young people, build capacity of young people in life skills, leadership and entrepreneurship ensuring young people are able to access opportunities available to them thus empowering them to influence positive change in their lives and that of their communities.
The program works to assist young people build youth representation at village and county levels, exercise a greater voice in Local and National issues, increase youth productivity, employment/income and increase young women access and participation to social, political and economic opportunities.
YADEN seeks to recruit a Youth Development Coordinators, to be based in Thika YADEN YYC office covering Thika West, Thika East, Gatanga and Ruiru Districts (3 positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offering Guidance and capacity building sessions for youth groups / Bunges on YYC related issues.
- Assisting in developing work plans for program activities.
- Implementation, reporting, monitoring, evaluating and documentation of program activities.
- Sourcing for Material, Financial and other resources/opportunities for youth groups/Bunges at the grassroots.
- Undertake any other program specific duties as shall be assigned by Project Coordinator and or the Executive Director.
- Minimum of certificate and or diploma Community Development from a recognized institution.
- Two years experience in community development work especially with the youth.
- Experience in working on areas of Gender, HIV/Aids, Entrepreneurship, Education, Governance and Diversity.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Computer Proficiency.
- Below 35 years old.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks & ensure timely delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work within a teamwork environment.
Interested candidates should send an application letter, current CVs indicating day time Telephone/mobile number, contacts of 3 referees, salary expectations & the extent of availability.
Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand deliver to The Liberty Centre Offices located at The Pangani Shopping Centre before Friday 23rd September 2011 by 4:00pm.
Priority will be given to candidates from program implementation localities (Ruiru, Thika West, Thika East and Gatanga Districts)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit www.kenyan-jobs.com for many more jobs in Kenya