Oct 7, 2011
The responsibilities include:
- Financial Administration Support: Assist the DGF Fund Manager in the management of the DGF budget and the overall financial management of DGF sub-projects in accordance with CIDA’s policies, guidelines and tools;
- Assist the Fund Manager in the preparation of agreements with partner organizations and contracts with service providers;
- Follow-up and liaise with partner organizations to obtain all required documentation such as reports, invoices, etc;
- Maintain accurate information on ongoing sub-projects and their implementation and ensure all relevant correspondence and records are placed on file (paper and electronic documents);
- Assist the Fund Manager in monitoring ongoing activities and progress of sub-projects (both in and outside Nairobi) as required and prepare brief file reports and quarterly progress reports;
- In liaison with the DGF Fund Manager, make the necessary logistical arrangements and undertake field visits and complete relevant monitoring and evaluation (M&E) documents;
- Help identify organizational institutional capacity development needs of recipients;
- Performing other tasks as required.
The approximate level of effort will be an average of 20-22 days per month.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences field, including international development, political sciences, human rights, or a field related to the mandate;
- A minimum of 5 years’ of relevant work experience in project management or financial planning and management with a national or an international development oriented organization;
- Strong Swahili and English language written and oral communication skills;
- Legally and operationally able to work in Kenya;
- No impediments to domestic travel or in obtaining security clearance.
their qualifications for this position, curriculum vitae (maximum five pages), daytime telephone
number and quoting the job competition number by 13:00, Friday 2lth October, 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please email applications to: NROBI-DA@international.gc.ca
Subject Line: Assistant Fund Manager for CIDA Democratic Governance Fund (DGF)
Competition number: A-033299-001-2011 DGF AFM
Visit www.kenyan-jobs.com for many more jobs in Kenya