Sep 1, 2011
Hilton Hotel provides a terrific range of career opportunities.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out in this very exciting industry, we would be delighted to welcome you to our family.
At Hilton Nairobi, we provide opportunities beyond your imagination. Our international presence, strong growth plans and personal development will help you achieve your career goals and more.
You can be part of a strong and growing company and you can join a special family, one dedicated to a positive, productive and diverse working environment.
We are currently looking for a truly outstanding individual with boundless energy and enthusiasm for Food and Beverage Operations to fill the position of:
Job Ref No. 23/2011
Principle Responsibility & Position Purpose:
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the holder of this position will be responsible for managing, directing and organizing restaurant operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
- Maximizes restaurants’ profitability; implements effective controls of food, beverage, and labour costs and monitors the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labour expenses.
- Develops and implements cost saving and profit enhancement measures for the restaurants.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant; recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational policies and procedures when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all laws and regulations; responsible for ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
- Participates in the development, implementation and marketing of new and creative menus to attract a pre-determined customer market; promotes the cross-selling of other hotel outlets and the company.
- Conduct all administration work including but not limited to attendance records, duty roasters, guests history records and log books.
- University degree in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- At least five years experience in related field preferred. Hotel restaurant management experience preferred.
- Experience with supervision of employees required.
- Must be conversant with Micros POS.
- Knowledge about the facilities of the Hilton Hotels worldwide and Hilton Nairobi in particular will be an added advantage.
- Outgoing, punctual, people oriented, excellent communication skills, customer focused, excellent administration skills.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
Excellent future career opportunities are available within the organization. Compensation and benefits are commensurate with background and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration to Nairobi_Recruitment@hilton.com before end of day 14th September 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hilton Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Visit www.kenyan-jobs.com for many more jobs in Kenya