Mar 5, 2012
We are seeking an experienced and driven individual to lead the Public Sector (PS) Group within our Consulting practice. The role offers a good challenge and requires someone who understands the operations of donor and government departments/agencies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. A real understanding of the complexity of these agencies, their values and the financial underpinnings will be critical. The role will involve significant travel across the four countries.
The ideal candidate must have a good degree of energy, initiative, and self-confidence to keep pace with the Firm’s core objectives of quality and client satisfaction.
The candidate should have strong business acumen as well as strong service- and customer- orientation. He/She must have an ability to navigate public sector institutions and donor agencies and manage relevant networks.
As a Director ¡n the PS Group, you will be focusing on the following:
- Developing and implementing the PS Group strategy; including building concepts and providing thought leadership within the industry
- Working closely with the Firm’s senior advisory professionals and leaders to develop and strengthen PSG
- Driving business development activities to meet revenue objectives
- Building and maintaining client relationships with the donor and government bodies
- Managing contracts for clients, associate consultants, and external partner relationships
- Attracting, developing, retaining talented individuals to build a competitively superior organization
- Masters degree preferably in the fields of business, engineering, economics, finance etc
- Broad knowledge, understanding and experience in dealing with government agencies and donor funding in emerging markets.
- In-depth understanding of the issues involved in actively promoting collaboration, joint initiatives and partnerships
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Well-developed diplomacy skills
- Significant results orientation with the ability to effectively prioritize actions and time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desirable: Ten years or more of direct experience in end-to-end program delivery of government related projects, and the management of high performance teams. Consulting experience will be an added advantage.
To send your application, and for further details on the role, please visit our website:
www.deloitte.com/ke (Careers> Experienced hires > Job Search> Kenya > Director — PSG)
Closing date: 17 March 2012