Mar 29, 2012
We wish to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following positions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective Management of financial resources of the KAWASCO Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation and implementation of sound financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinating budgeting and budgetary controls procedures.
- Coordinating and preparing financial report, Waris report and Tariff reports.
- Liaise with both internal and external auditors.
- Ensure financial control and disciplines are in place
- Prepare payroll and ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Effective Management of recurrent and capital expenditure
- Preparation, analysis, interpretation and implementation of annual performance contract and the strategic plans and ensure to issues reports on all variances.
- Responsible for the preparation of long term plans periodic forecast and cash flow projections.
- Ensuring the existence of effective financial systems and controls.
- Ensuring the procurement and Disposal Act is complied with at all times.
- Formulation and implementation of strategic measures to improve the company’s revenue collection utilization.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
- Bachelor of commerce degree (Accounting) or Business Administration or equivalent.
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Demonstrate professional competence in either Financial Management Accounting or Economics.
- Unquestionable integrity
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive working in a commercially oriented institution
- Experience in using Accounting softwares.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Be not more than 45 year of age.
- Experience in the water sector will be an added advantage.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Base In charge will be responsible for continuous improvement and management of the water distribution and development of efficient distribution network to meet customers’ needs.
He or she will initially be based in our Kahuro Base Office but may be deployed to any office within our area of Jurisdiction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring maintenance and extension of the water network as per customer demand and as per approved procedures
- Ensuring effective utilization of available resources including tools, people and equipment
- Carrying out inspection of customer installation and conduct supervision of connection in the main water supply
- Advising on the most economic connection procedure and supervising connection to ensure it is within the set standards
- Ensuring that connections are carried out within the set standards internal and external regulations and legislations in order to avoid any conflict and ensure water reaching customers is of the required standards
- Participating in the preparations of budgets and ensuring effective control
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their training and development needs
- Ensuring timely and economic repair of leakages or breakdown in the supply system and report any major repairs to management
- Attending to customer complaints concerning the water distribution systems
- Taking stock of working tools and advising on the requirements to procurement sections
- Preparing accurate and timely reports and distributing to appropriate users
- Ensure installation of all zonal meters and assign the zones to all plumbers
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- National Diploma in Water & Waste Water Engineering, preferably from KEWI
- Minimum of 5 yrs progressive experience, preferably in the Water Sector
- Computer literate
- Be below 45 years of age.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 18th April 2012
Kahuti Water and Sanitation Company
P.O. Box 118-10202
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
KAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer.