Apr 27, 2012
Position: Field Officer Deadline
To Apply: May 18th 2012
Start Date: June 2012
Location: Bungoma, or Kakamega with flexibility to travel to other locations especially in Western Region
Eligibility: Position open to all nationalities; Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged apply
IPA’s WASH Benefits Project is a five year study to evaluate the health benefits of sanitation, hygiene, household water treatment and nutrition, using a large-scale, randomized evaluation that is taking place in Western province.
- Prompt arrival to work
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work, for instance translations, peer training/learning
- Assist in daily net book maintenance and storage
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities
- Help in mentoring fellow staff and community members who are directly linked to an activity
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the WASH Benefits management team
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection and transport
- Survey and monitor communities’ water treatment, sanitation, hygiene and nutrition practices
- Administer household questionnaires and collect anthropometric measures
- Biomarker specimen collection, transportation and safe delivery to processing centers
- Further development and training of Intervention Assistant messaging content and mentoring
- Install, monitor and retrieve where necessary project items including data monitoring devices, hard wares and instructional materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience with position responsibilities listed above
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in Luhya
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices, or by email to email@example.com ,or by post office using P.O Box 373, Busia area code 50400 Kenya.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer.
- The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
- Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
- Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
- Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.