Jun 1, 2012
- Play a key leadership role in supporting exploration & appraisal activities, logistics, future development planning and project execution to ensure socio-economic impacts are assessed, understood and appropriately managed.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the integrated planning and execution of site based activities.
- Manage all aspects of socio-economic baseline data collection, social impact assessment and management, community investment and grassroots stakeholder engagement.
- Manage a team of social performance professionals, including community based liaison staff.
- Executing Tullow Kenya’s Social Investment Strategy which supports operations and enhances community development outcomes.
- Managing a number of implementing partners to ensure efficient delivery of agreed development programmes.
- Supporting in-country implementation of Tullow Group initiatives in the areas of health and education.
- Ensuring that social investment initiatives deliver against agreed objectives, including budget and schedule.
- Building productive and meaningful relationships with Tullow Kenya’s key stakeholders within operational areas, including surrounding communities.
- Managing all grassroots stakeholder engagement activities, including stakeholder grievances.
- Providing day-to-day management of a team of Community Liaison Officers to ensure that business requirements are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supporting Tullow Kenya’s Social Investment programmes as required.
- Contributing to the business planning process as required.
and challenging environments.
- Delivery of a measured infrastructure service against an agreed internal SLA/OLA;
- Taking ownership of the infrastructure in the respective location and executing and maintaining enhancements to the environment. This will be achieved through a structured approach to change control. This will also apply to any remote locations where Tullow Kenya have ownership of equipment;
- Working within the overall global infrastructure team to achieve a high level of service and up-time for all infrastructure.
- Intercompany posting, reconciliation and confirmation.
- Fixed assets reconciliation and management.
- Stock & creditors reconciliation in all ledgers.
- Posting supplier invoices to all ledgers.
- Allocation of shared ledger costs to the JVs.
- Requesting for supplier account creation in Maximo.
- Deal with suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Posting of accruals and prepayments in all ledgers.
- Assist in audit file preparation.
- Other ad-hoc projects that may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring all civil engineering activities are conducted in accordance with Tullow Management Standards and are in place to support operational readiness in both the exploration and development phases.
- Supporting sourcing and evaluation of civil works contractors to ensure work is conducted in line with approved contracting and procurement process.
- Managing all the Contractors and ensure that services provided are in line with applicable standards.
- Ensuring that technical studies, field investigations, design and contract documentation undertaken by the team and external suppliers conform to Tullow standards and that industry wide best practice is adhered to.
- Providing decision support information to other departments with respect to civil works requirements for various projects.
qualifications in project management (desirable).
All applicants should be highly motivated individuals with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
Off Muthithi Road, Tausi Court, 3rd Floor
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted