Jul 20, 2012
Agribusiness Development Manager
Job Ref: RB282012
Reporting to the Head of SME Banking & Agribusiness, the person will be responsible for the growth of market share and profitability of the Agribusiness segment through product development and execution of the Agribusiness strategy of KCB Retail Banking.
- To develop and implement Agribusiness strategy for banking small holder farmers involved in commercially viable agriculture activities
- Develop annual plans for the business in-order to build a profitable asset portfolio and deposits from agribusiness sector of small holder farmers.
- Grow and Maintain market share for assets and Liabilities in the Agribusiness Banking segment through innovative product development of the Agribusiness products and solutions for acceptable and commercially viable value chains.
- Analyze the market trends in the agriculture sector and competitively position the bank product offering for the agriculture sector.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders in the agriculture sector and actors for various value chains in order to tap in on banking opportunities
- Drive cross-selling of agribusiness products to existing and new KCB customers
- University Degree in a Business Related or Agriculture field from a recognized institution. Those with an MBA or CIM, MSK/Agribusiness certification) will have an added advantage.
- 4-6 years proven experience in the agriculture sector and at least 2 years’ experience in a financial institution covering sales/relationship management
- Experience in resolution of customer complaints/relationship management
- A thorough knowledge of Agribusiness products and Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 3rd August 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.