Jul 4, 2012
The National Assembly
- All policy and organisational matters;
- Enhancing public understanding and knowledge of the National Assembly and increasing public accessibility to and awareness of the National Assembly;
- Dealing with external relations;
- Principal advisor to presiding officers and to all Members of the National Assembly.
- Chairing the Board of Management;
- Advising the Speaker in the exercise of the powers and functions of the office;
- Marshalling all legislative measures passed by the National Assembly;
- Receiving reports from the budget office; and
- Supervising and coordinating all the Directorates of the National Assembly.
Senior Deputy Clerk of the National Assembly
The jobholder will also be responsible for:
- General supervision of all Directorates;
- External relations;
- Enhancing public understanding and knowledge of parliament and increasing public accessibility to and awareness of its operations;
- Preparing and presenting orientation programmes for new Members of the National Assembly and staff; and
- Supervising and managing staff undergoing parliamentary internship programmes.
- The Table Office including marshalling of published bills, motions and sessional papers, processing of weekly programme of business and the preparation and timely circulation of order papers, votes and proceedings of the House;
- The Journals Office including keeping custody of house journals and records and archiving of those records;
- Matters connected to parliamentary associations; and
- Public participation in legislative process.
Director, Committee Services of the National Assembly
- Select committees, departmental committees and ad hoc committees of the National Assembly;
- Facilitation of public participation and involvement in the activities of the committees; and
- Safe keeping of records of the house committees and responding to inquiries on the activities of the committees from the public and other legislative bodies.
Director, Speaker’s Office of the National Assembly
- Acting as the liaison person between the Speaker’s Office and the rest of the parliamentary offices;
- Carrying out research, preparation of speeches and overseeing travel and protocol arrangements in the Speaker’s Office;
- Preparation and review of correspondence and reports as directed by the Speaker.
- Have attended a senior management or leadership course from a recognised institution;
- Demonstrated enduring flair for parliamentary procedure and practice, including comparative experience of other parliamentary jurisdictions coupled with wide experience in the role, functions and operations of parliament;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style; and
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.