Sep 25, 2012
Accountant: REF: Housing/09/2012
Reporting to the Society General Manager, the Accountant shall have the following roles and responsibilities.
- Deputizing the Society General Manager
- Preparation of books of accounts
- Budget preparation and advising the Board on ways of meeting variances in the budgets
- Preparation of payment vouchers for approval
- Accounting for all projects
- Ensuring compliance with existing accounting policies and statutory requirements
- Ensure that a sound reporting and control system is in place to guard against accounting errors, ascertain completeness in records and safeguard the Society’s assets against avoidable losses
- Timely reconciliations of all Society internal and Bank accounts
- Any other duty assigned by the General Manager
- Certified Accountant registered with ICPAK
- Minimum of five years in an accounting environment preferably in a Co-operativeSociety
- Knowledge of project accounting will be an added advantage
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software is an added advantage.
- Above 30 years of age
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.