Sep 25, 2012
The Logistics Assistant works in close collaboration with OCHA Somalia Nairobi and the field offices to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to logistics and facilities management processes
- Support of OCHA Somalia travel processes
- Support to OCHA Somalia field offices
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of travel/logistical activities with OCHA Somalia rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the OCHA Somalia travel and logistics and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Travel and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of logistics and facilities management plans for the office.
- Purchase of tickets and PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance organization; conference facilities arrangements.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas is support of facilities management, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, maintenance of the filing system in the Travel/Logistics Unit.
- Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the facilities and logistics provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Arrangements for security clearance when required.
- Hotel reservations for visiting OCHA officials
- Processing requests for visas for all UN travelers, as well as requests for Resident Permit and Diplomatic Identification Card for international staff.
- Processing of application and renewal of UNLP for UN staff.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations staff on Travel and Logistics.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the execution of the OCHA Somalia travel and protocol services and facilities management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Secondary education. Specialized training in procurement and travel desirable
- 5 years of relevant administrative experience in the areas of administration, procurement or travel service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.