Nov 12, 2012
Reference Number: KCO/ART/001/2012
Duty Station: Nairobi
Closing Date: 23 November 2012
AMREF is looking for an organised, highly motivated and results oriented individual to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, in the position of Security Manager.
To provide leadership and management of all security concerns in Kenya and act as the focal person for AMREF global security.
- Develop, implement and maintain an AMREF joint Security Risk Management System
- Provide leadership, advice and counsel to all staff and management across AMREF in achieving current and long range strategic security objectives
- Monitor and evaluate performance on key security issues and programs, recommend corrective action programs as appropriate
- Responsible to perform annual risk analysis for the country, particularly with respect to level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural and manmade disasters which should be reviewed on a quarterly basis or as necessary
- Lead in communication on security matters and disaster recovery
- Ensure that the appropriate level of training is provided for all staff on disasters; fire and bomb procedures; use of technical equipment and routine security duties
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues and security technology and update management on risk and threat that could impact AMREF business
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors Degree in Peace and Security Studies or its equivalent with over five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in ICT and experience in cybercrime prevention and management.
- NGO Experience will be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of humanitarian security principles and procedures.
- Should have experience in writing and implementing security policies and procedures and development of disaster management plans.
- Should have sound working knowledge of security best practices and legislations affecting security.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
- Should have strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, November 23, 2012.