Nov 26, 2012
- Examining and analyzing cells, tissue and blood by collecting samples.
- Performing tests to look for microorganisms parasites or bacteria in body fluids and blood
- Matching blood for blood transfusion.
- Using microscopes and other sophisticated laboratory equipment to conduct tests
- Maintaining the laboratory equipment and ensuring the lab is well stocked with all the necessary instruments.
- Interpreting results and submitting the initial test to superior for further analysis.
- Procuring up to date knowledge on technical development in medical science to improve service delivery.
- Follow science lab safety rules.
- To perform any other duty that may be assigned
- Diploma in medical laboratory technology from a recognized Institution.
- Registered and Licensed with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board.
- Experience: One year experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist in a busy hospital or research Laboratory.
- Computer literate
- Ability to write, and implement SOPs.
- Able to develop a QA system.
- Team player, with ability to learn as well as train/mentor others
- Able to do reports as required
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.