Nov 8, 2012
- Counsel patients on prescribed medications and over the counter medications.
- Prepare and dispense prescribed medications and pharmaceutical preparations according to patients' prescription.
- Checking prescriptions for accuracy and suitability to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and pharmaceutical products.
- Providing accurate drug information to patients and other users.
- Provide advice for non-prescription medications
- Preparation and labeling of extemporaneous preparations
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels daily.
- Obtain pricing and product availability from suppliers for items not stocked within the pharmacy.
- Participate in stock taking in the pharmacy and in drug procurement.
- Monitor drugs and other medical supplies levels and initiate the procurement process.
- Keep records of all drug stocks ordered, drugs issued to clients and stocks remaining.
- Arrange drugs in the required manner
- Check and advice on the expiry of the drugs and disposal of the same.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers which includes clinics, doctors, hospitals and other institutions
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned by Management from time to time.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Certificate in Pharmacy
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy retail pharmacy set up will be an added advantage.
- Strong negotiation and customer care skills
- Ability to diagnose conditions and prescribe drugs over the counter is a must.
- Must be computer literate and be able to manage software programs
Interested candidates should send their C.V to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org, stating current and expected salary.