Feb 2, 2013
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Ref Number: KCO/Comms/001/2013
AMREF is looking for an individual who is organized, highly motivated and results-oriented to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, to fill the position of Communications Assistant in AMREF, Kenya.
The incumbent will report to the Communications Manager and stationed in Nairobi
To efficiently and professionally support the communication of strategies, services, and interests of AMREF to relevant audiences/publics through appropriate channels.
- Assist in the planning, developing and implementing of communication strategies in liaison with the Country Programme and AMREF Headquarters.
- Assist in media communication: organize media briefings and interviews in liaison with the Communication Manager.
- Assist in researching, writing and dissemination of information to targeted media and other audiences in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in collating and analyzing media coverage.
- Assist in organizing donor and visitors project visits, exhibitions, open days and project launches.
- Assist in writing and editing in-house publications, articles, speeches and reports, including newsletters, case studies, human interest stories.
- Assist in preparing and supervising the production of publicity materials, including brochures, flyers, photographs and promotional films.
- Support AMREF public awareness and fundraising activities.
The ideal candidate should be a team player with the following qualities:
- A first degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in communication, writing, editing and desktop publishing.
- Experience in graphic design and audio-visual production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and networking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people.
The closing date for submitting applications is Monday, 11th February 2013.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
AMREF does not request for money in its recruitment process.