Feb 22, 2013
The job holder will be responsible for accurate and efficient process and record of routine transactions for DTM’s customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers.
- Accurately and efficiently make cash payments in a way that maximizes customer satisfaction, meeting daily transaction targets
- Preparing cash for repatriation
- Balance currency, coin, and cheques in cash drawers and calculate daily transactions
- Cash cheques and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive cheques and cash for deposit, verify amounts and authenticity of currency, and check accuracy of deposit slips. Examine cheques for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Post customers' transactions in order to record transactions and issue duly stamped receipts for the same and ensure daily balancing
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Batching together all entries and filing them.
- Ensuring at close of the day the cash tallies to the system balances.
- Receiving of outward and in-house cheques
- First degree preferably in a business or finance related field
- KCSE mean grade C+ (plus), with a C+ (plus) in both Mathematics and English
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili language
- Preferably below 28 years of age
- Computer proficient
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress tolerance
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills