Jul 17, 2013
ICAP of Columbia University is working with a consortium of partners led by Jhpiego and APHIA Plus to implement activities in support of the USAID-funded APHIA Plus Service Delivery Program in Central and Eastern Counties.
The APHIA Plus Program is designed to contribute substantively to the United States Government and Government of Kenya goals in HIV and AIDS, TB, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, malaria and maternal and child health.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Program Officer
Location: Embu with travel to APHIA Plus sites in the region
The Program Officer will plan and perform day-to-day implementation of HIV and care and TB/HIV treatment services at APHIA Plus facilities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Planning and implementation of HIV care and treatment services and TB/HIV activities at supported facilities
- Provide on-going supervision of HIV care and treatment and TB/HIV programs
- Co-ordinate mentorship of facility staff
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of HIV and TB/HIV programs
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Degree in Medicine
- At least three years’ experience in program planning
- Experience with HIV programming
- Familiarity with district-level health care programs in Kenya
- Clinical experience in HIV management
- Strong supervisory and management skills
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 professional referees (preferably current / previous supervisors with their Telephone numbers and Email addresses) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP email@example.com on or before 23rd July 2013.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer