Aug 13, 2013
General description of the role:
The Logistics Coordinator (LC) will work under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and the technical guidance of the Operations Support Manager.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly reporting on logistics, procurement and security Logistics Coordinator - DADAAB
- Act as a member of the Area Office Management Team of the programme;
- Represent Area office in the Operations Cluster meetings with INGOs/UN
- Ensure transparency and accountability across Area office activities through full implementation of Logistic, Procurement, Security rules and regulation.
- Directly supervise the Logistics Officer, Procurement Officer, Security Officer and IT Officer
- Ensure an efficient and transparent procurement system is in place and adhere to in line with IRK guidelines and procedures
- Provide managerial oversight of the Logistics function and support the Logistics Officer in the implementation of systems and procedures.
- Ensure regular and effective communications are maintained within the Operations team and with the programme team at the Area Office and also at the Country Office teams.
- Support the ICT Officer in ensuring that ICT Services meet the highest standards of accessibility and connectivity
- Monitor spending on transport to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets
- Support the Logistics and Security officers on reading and interpreting maps and driving directions to plan the most safest and efficient route
- Coordinate with Logistics and finance staff on refueling and maintenance of vehicles under supervision
- Ensure ICT policy is strictly adhered to Policy, Procedures and Guidelines (Systems Development, Documentation, Implementation, Training and Audit
- Implement procurement, logistics and ICT plans and report to the Area Office Manager and Operations Manager on progress;
- Support policy implementation in Logistics, Procurement, IT and Security to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organisation in working with the respective Officers/Coordinators;
- Liaise with the Country Office on development and application of policies in order to enhance the operations systems that are valuable for the Area Office.
- Ensure that field site security plans are updated on a regular basis, in collaboration with the Operations Support Manager, Area Office Manager and the Security Coordinator
- Ensure that security incidents at the Field office Area are reported timely to the Area Office Manager, OSM and Security Coordinator to take necessary actions.
- Monitor the security situation at the Field office areas and respond accordingly.
- Monitor staff movement through the Security Officer to ensure they are complaint with the Field Security Manuals while travelling in the field.
- Facilitate the evacuations/relocations of field-based teams as and when appropriate Logistics Coordinator - DADAAB
- Attend security meetings organized at Area Office level and maintain regular contact with other NGO/UN security focal points
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Area Office Manager
- 3 years of previous management experience, including field operations management, procurement, logistics and admin management preferably with a humanitarian aid
- Bachelor degree in management, administration, social science, international development, public administration, or a related field
- Master’s degree is a definite advantage
- An interest in capacity building/mentoring of teams
- Committed to spend significant time in the field.
- Strong experience in liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGOs/UN.
- Excellent staff management, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a challenging and multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications especially the Microsoft programs
- Budgetary control and financial management skills
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English Fluency in oral/written English;
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references; to Hr.email@example.com by 16th August 2013.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.