Aug 9, 2013
- Supporting the technical team to develop work plans specific to the laboratory, maternal new born and child health (MNCH), community based services, supply chain and continuous quality improvement components, and monitoring execution of those plans.
- Managing the completion of project deliverables under the direction of the Program Director, including keeping the timeline, assigning responsibilities for project tasks, ensuring accountability, receiving reports from project teams, and trouble-shooting to ensure timelines and targets are met as agreed with partners and donors.
- Planning and ensuring execution of key programmatic meetings and activities.
- Ensuring that all project resources are aligned to enable delivery of project goals.
- Ensuring that all project procurements and renovations are undertaken within specific timelines.
- Developing budgets in conjunction with Program Director and monitoring project burn rates to ensure activities are implemented within timeframe and budget.
- Organizing and coordinating representation of the program at relevant meetings with stakeholders, as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Program Director, building and maintaining relationships and with a broad range of organizations and individuals working in the field of HIV within Kenya.
- Assisting Program Director with convening information, writing and submitting programmatic reports, circulating regular internal briefings to US HQ based staff and management of the technical assistance team.
- At least a Masters in a health field such as public health, health policy, planning and management, MBA in Health Management or its equivalent
- Experience of at least 5 years in project management
- Proven and excellent writing skills
- Experience of not less than 3 years working within the formal Kenya health system
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Incomplete applications will not be considered.