Aug 13, 2013
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years in the specific area;
- A master’s degree in the relevant field applied for will be an added advantage
- The administration of the County department
- Implementation of policies and development plans
- Development and implementation of Strategic Plans
- Formulate and implement effective programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals
- Promote National values and principles of governance and values and principles of the county public service.
The Officer will be responsible to the County Secretary. The specific duties will include, among others,:
- Providing legal advice to the County government;
- Represent the County in all civil matters;
- Advise the County on legal and policy developments;
- Provide legislative support to the County Secretary including the preparation of briefs on legislation, and amendment where appropriate
- Identifying strategic priority areas from legal reform; and
- Undertaking legal research and perform any other duties assigned by the County Secretary.
- Have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) s degree form a recognized university.
- Relevant working experience of not less than ten years
The officer will head the Information, Communication and Technology unit and will be responsible to the County Executive Officer for ICT for the establishment of information management function for the County.
Key duties will include:
- Providing ICT services to the County government;
- System analysis and design, developing and implementing computerized information management systems in the County;
- Adherence to standards and procedures for ICT systems development projects,
- Participating in selection, interviews and recruitment of ICT project team members,
- Assisting in formulating and developing County information infrastructure; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ICT or Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Relevant working experience of not less than ten years in IT management, networking & Integrations
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A Certificate from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P. O. Box 1066-80304
Important information to all Candidates
- The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 26th August, 2013
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Those who had applied before need not apply again. General applications whose Specific Dockets are not indicated ON THE ENVELOPE and in the e – mail reference will be disqualified.
County Public Service Board