Jul 25, 2016
Hotel General Manager - Diani, South Coast
Our client, a Kenyan landmark hotel group, is looking for an energetic, sales oriented and passionate General Manager to run their property on Diani Beach.
He/She will be responsible for managing the daily operations and to achieve the planned goals while maintaining standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance and asset protection.
- Weekly updates to CEO on all financial and operational issues at the property
- Managing budgets and financial plans, provide controls for the proper handling and accounting for all receipts and expenses.
- Develop action plans to deal with forecasting and planning issues.
- Credit meetings, supervision of collection of major accounts, review of aging reports, and gaining approval for write-offs.
- To oversee planning, organizing and managing of the various maintenance, repair and capital projects of the facility.
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments.
- To ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To carry out systematic checks of all Front Office areas and equipment for maintenance requirements.
- Develop, implement, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum rates and occupancies.
- Manage entire staff and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff members.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees .
Qualification / Skills
- University Degree in any field preferably Business Management, Administration or Finance.
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Management.
- Over 10 years’ management experience in similar position.
- Strong knowledge of Opera, Sun Systems and MS Office packages.
- Prior proven experience in meeting goals, developing and managing budgets.
- Extensive knowledge of Kenyan hospitality industry and latest trends.
- Excellent at dealing with people at all levels.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral skills.
- Versatile and able to think laterally to solve problems.
- Ability to build, train and mentor team employees.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive Remuneration depending on Skills and Experience
Deadline: 12th August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.