Jul 25, 2016
Lokamarinyang Irrigation Project
Turkana County - Kenya
Vacancy Announcement: Enterprise Manager
Lokamarinyang irrigation Project (herein referred to as Lokamarinyang irrigation Project) has received funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) towards its irrigation enterprise expansion.
USADF is an independent Agency of the US government that operates at local levels in Africa in support of economic development.
For the successful implementation of the grant, Lokamarinyang Irrigation project is seeking to hire an Enterprise Manager who will work with the Lokamarinyang Board to implement the grant in achieving set objectives.
Position: Enterprise Manager
Position: Enterprise Manager
Location: Lokamarinyang - Turkana County
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
Report to: LOKAMARINYANG Board;
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Manager will:
Oversee LOKAMARINYANG Operations
- Oversee all LOKAMARINYANG Enterprise activities, delegate as needed, and follow up to ensure activities are completed;
- Lead and motivate the project team;
- Designing project sustainability proposals for discussion with LOKAMARINYANG board, and thereafter sharing with other potential funding hence spearheading the pursuit of requisite resources.
- Play the role of contact person for the donor, partner, all staff, stakeholders and the beneficiary community ensuring timely dissemination of necessary information from the donor and partner to the board and members;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in the grant agreement;
- Continually read to understand the LOKAMARINYANG/USADF Project grant agreement and ensure that LOKAMARINYANG activities, procedures and conduct are in line with the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Continually liaise with the USADF partner on necessary adjustments or changes LOKAMARINYANG might seek to introduce during the grant implementation period that were not mentioned in the original grant paperwork, and, letting USADF know ahead of changing including but not limited to budget shifts;
Required Project Activities
- Ensure implementation and achievement of at the minimum 95% projections Appendix A Indicator Projections for LOKAMARINYANG.
- Responsible for Disbursement Requests and Quarterly Reports on regular basis to the donor and any other report that may be requested based on need;
- Ensure that project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the LOKAMARINYANG and USADF;
- Be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables and action points, planning, budgeting and monitoring processes;
- Coordinate work with Apprentices, Consultants and organize Committees and Board meetings as applies;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination and cooperation with the USADF partner for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of result as specified in the grant agreement;
- Facilitate operations on a day to day basis;
- Ensure timely deduction and remittance of Statutory deductions that include National Social Security Fund-NSSF, National Hospital Insurance Fund-NHIF, Pay As You Earn-PAYE, Applicable Higher Education Loans Board-HELB, Withholding Taxes-WHT;
- Working with the Procurement Committee, Apprentices, USADF Lodwar Office and CEZAM (USADF Partner) and Applicable Suppliers, process Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption for goods to be procured under the USADF grant;
- Working with Apprentices, ensure to address any unmentioned accounting duties for the LOKAMARINYANG.
Hire and Train Apprentices
- Prepare and implement a training schedule for 2 or more LOKAMARINYANG Job trainees (Apprentices) in areas of financial recording and organizational operations;
- Prepare and carry out LOKAMARINYANG Job trainees interviews to determine the trainees’ suitability for LOKAMARINYANG work;
- Continually monitor the progress, interests, and the performance of the LOKAMARINYANG Job trainees (Apprentices) and make timely recommendations for new skills’ training or replacement;
- Train apprentices to record direct and indirect expenses of the LOKAMARINYANG, and oversee this work.
- Train and oversee apprentices.
Monitoring and Data Management
- Monitor project activities and tracking, ensuring accurate documentation related direct and indirect expenses and share progress with stakeholders;
- Track and ensure accurate documentation of farm revenues/fees collected from crops transacted.
- Ensure that the daily revenues collected from Farmers and the number of crops sold are accurately recorded in the LOKAMARINYANG records, and accurately reflected in the already existing performance indicators template as quarterly totals;
- Ensure that farming revenues/fees and related expenditures are accurately recorded in the monthly and quarterly Simplified Financial Statement on the provided template;
- Conducting any other business as may be in the interests of LOKAMARINYANG and USADF
Qualifications for the LOKAMARINYANG Enterprise Manager
- Diploma in dry land agriculture, agronomy or Agribusiness management or its equivalent from a recognized institution with 3 years of on Job related experience or;
- Degree in dry land agriculture, agronomy or Agribusiness management or their equivalent from a recognized institution with 1 year of Job related experience;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must have basic accounting skills;
- Must have conducted trainings or mentored low capacity/grassroots groups successfully;
- Be proactive and able to work with less or no supervision and be able to meet the stipulated deadlines;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English/Kiswahili;
Applications should reach the office before August 5, 2016 at 5:00pm.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at LOKAMARINYANG offices in Lokamarinyang.
Emailed applications should be sent to: Lokamarinyang@gmail.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org