Jul 25, 2016
Our client, high end safari group, is looking for a Finance Controller for its offices in Nairobi.
The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and will be part of the local Management Team.
He / she will be responsible for the Finance Team and of all Finance responsibilities and processes.
Experience in the Hospitality / Restaurant / Catering industry is a MUST!
- Identify potential business risks and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Prepare the annual business plan / budget.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements/ reports.
- Support managers in monitoring the achievement of financial objectives; initiate corrective actions if necessary in cooperation with the managers.
- Ensure all tax activities are carried out and tax liabilities are optimized.
- Ensure an efficient and effective cash and treasury management.
- Ensure the data quality and integrity of the data in the financial reporting system.
- Implement effective internal control processes.
- Prepare and deliver financial studies, projections, analyses and feasibility. studies in order to enable the management to take business decisions incl. capital expenditures.
- Develop a pricing strategy.
- Plan, implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Graduate level with economic focus or equivalent experience and CPA.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in Finance and Controlling.
- Knowledge of local accounting principles and regulations.
- Know how in controlling and in management information systems.
- Good understanding of the organization, technological and competitive environment.
- Business acumen.
- Proven experience in meeting tight group monthly reporting deadlines.
- Analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive Remuneration depending on Skills and Experience
Deadline: 12th August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.