Jul 28, 2016
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 016/2016
Vacancy Announcement No. 016/2016
Position No. 16-0021837
Post Title: Senior Administration Associate
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: G7
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 27th July 2016
Closing Date: 9th August 2016
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Administration and Finance Officer and overall supervision of the Mogadishu Area Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and administration;
- Coordinate a wide range of actions related to human resource, work planning, financial management and administrative requirements;
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial and administrative policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions;
- Support management of WFP resources in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), monitor requirements and contribute to the estimation of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services;
- Coordinate the provision of a range of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting and recommending solutions to rectify any major issues, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff;
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Assist managers in the elaboration of resources requirement for budget submission. Recommend reallocation of resources and implement reallocations as requested;
- Prepare budget performance reports with analysis between approved budget and actual expenditures’ using various sources;
- Supervise contractors providing office maintenance services and maintain requisite documentation;
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources;
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio;
- Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds;
- Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner;
- Monitor, control and analyse general ledger accounts;
- Prepare and analyse financial and statistical reports as required and provide recommendations for further actions;
- Supervise operations of different administrative tasks including screening, indexing, classifying, storing and disseminating information and/or reports and materials ensuring conformity with relevant procedures and integrity;
- Co-ordinate and supervise work of staff engaged in different administrative services including statistics, finance, human resources activities, and support their learning and development;
- Prepare and consolidate complex reports, briefing notes and other documentation as requested;
- Respond to a range of complex queries. Maintain good contacts, partnership and support activities with local authorities and various vendors in the area of responsibility;
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently;
- Undertake field missions to provide technical support and guidance;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Experience: At least six years of progressively responsible work experience, including at least four years in senior administrative and financial services.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
- Knowledge: Has knowledge and experience analysing, interpreting data, generating reports and trained staff in the area of expertise. Experience utilizing computers, including MS Office, and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative and financial policies, rules, regulations and procedures would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021837
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.