Aug 12, 2016
Position: Actuarial Assistants
Reports To: Underwriting Manager
Purpose of the Position: Ensure implementation of Medical Insurance best practice guidelines to enable smooth administration of medical schemes and achieve customer satisfaction.
Key Performance Areas:
- Medical quotations
- Scheme Renewals invitation as they fall due
- Statistical analysis
- Policy maintenance
- Product development.
- Ensure accurate set up of scheme limits and premium rates in the system
- Monitor Set up and management of membership database in the system
- Ensure monthly production of debits and credit notes.
- Monitor the member underwriting process of retail policies including issuance of acceptance / decline letters, welcome letter.
- Ensuring that premium report is prepared accurately and within the required turnaround
- Monitor and ensure that renewals are sent out and follow up for renewal confirmations in liaison with marketing team.
- Ensure Preparation and issuance of policy documents and endorsements within the required turnaround.
- Work with the marketing team and continuously enhance existing medical products to ensure product competitiveness against evolving market and product trends
- Support marketing in business acquisition, staff presentations to members of staff, health talks and medical camps
- Liaison with intermediaries and clients on day to day service issues relating to medical
- Provide other reports as may be required by management e.g. performance vs. target,
- Advise department on terms of cover for new and renewal business to enable proper underwriting and claims processing.
- Supporting marketing team in Product development by identifying the consumer needs and developing required products and enhancements.
- Standardization of all the underwriting process and monitoring TAT’s.
- Initiate continuous review and enhancements of underwriting processes and manuals with reference to best practices in the line of business.
- Ensuring all the underwriting documents are filed for easy retrieval and reference.
- Guide team and work with marketing team for preparation of medical booklets and scheme benefit summary to clients.
- Evaluate any possible risk exposures and make recommendations on how to mitigate them.
- Assist with pricing of new and renewal businesses.
- Work closely with accounting section and assist on prompt premium payment, third party administration fund/fees and collection of excesses.
Level of Education & Experience
- Graduate with a degree Actuarial Science or with a bias in Mathematics, over 3 years relevant experience,
- Good understanding of the concepts of Medical Insurance
- Mature, team player with supervisory skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Results Oriented, Customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self starter who demonstrates energy who seeks to get things done and at the same time addressing a wide variety of tasks
- Able to provide satisfactory solutions involving the new and unexpected
- Able to provide a positive and innovative work environment
- Asserts authority when necessary and strives to work within timescales and deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should CLICK HERE to apply online by 18th August 2016 quoting the specific role you are applying for on the e-mail subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted