Aug 29, 2016
Action Contre La Faim (ACF - International)
Position Title: Grants and Communications Manager
Number of Positions: One(1)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Organisation background: Action Contre La Faim (ACF-International) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992.
Currently, ACF is conducting humanitarian interventions in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as rapid emergency response program, bases in Mogadishu (since 1995), Elbarde (since 2012), Xudur (since 2014), Garowe (since 2014) and Tieglow (since 2015).
The position and responsibilities
ACF Somalia is looking for a suitable Kenyan National to fill the position of Grants & Communications Manager, based in Nairobi.
Technically reports to the Deputy Country Director and hierachically to the Country Director.
The responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Mission 1: Accountability (Reporting) to the donor
- The GCM is responsible for the transformation produced in ACF’s mission into quality reports.
Mission 2: Design (Proposal)
- The GCM is responsible for the proper formulation of the mission’s operational plans and ambitions into quality proposals.
Mission 3: Advocacy/External Communication
- The GCM is responsible to support the CD in the design of advocacy and communication documents.
Mission 4: Internal Communication and Capitalization
- The GCM is responsible for the consolidation and capitalization of mission’s information.
Qualifications, Experience and Competences required:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Sciences, Project Management, Development, Journalism etc).
- At least three(3) years of professional experience in the UN, international organisations, private sector and governmental organisations.
- Previous experience with humanitarian or development organization.
- Proven experience with donor reporting and proposal writing.
- Experience in producing advocacy documents.
- Posses excellent skills in writing, written and oral English.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft office, working knowledge on communication tools.
- Good presentation, editing and publishing skills.
- Good organization and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player and posses good listening skills
- Knowledge and experience of the humanitarian environment in Somalia is an added advantage.
- Somali speaking would be an added advantage.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send a cover letter and resume including 3 referees to: email@example.com not later than 1st September 2016, clearly mentioning the reference VA 010/2016) number and the name of the position on the subject line (Grants and Communications Manager).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only.